Plus I've got my Christmas hat too! Have you checked out my new profile picture?
I shall be wearing it to do all my commenting for Bah! Humbug! from now on. Both my team mates, Max and Irene, are hoping to get one too. Irene says I look like Maria out of 'The Sound of Music'. I think she's jealous cause they haven't got them at her Poundland store. LOL!
Our challenge this week is entitled 'Lovely in Lilac' and we would love to see creations in many different shades of lilac. Now one of the Bah! Humbuggers! (see card above) got the wrong idea completely and just did a card with a touch of lilac. Oh dear, I really must pay attention in future!
Anyway no worries as my card did give me chance to use my lovely new embossing folder, by Papermania, given to me by my dear friend Susan. I love it. Thank you so much Susan. Think I will be using this one often.
My card is a very easy one to create and is a style of card I have used many times before. It's larger than the normal cards of this shape as I have some envelopes that measure 9" x 4.75" which I was given by my local Hallmark shop. They were throwing away all the old card stock and envelopes. How wasteful is that? Anyway they allowed me to salvage all the envelopes and some of them have been so useful. This particular size is great, because it allows enough space for the whole width of embossing folder and enough to matte and layer too.
I've used lilac gems to embellish the embossing and a sizzix bauble tag die cut for the sentiment.
My card is also for the following challenges...
- ABC Christmas Challenge - X is for Xmas
- Simon Says - Sparkle (my gems and mirri card)
- Tuesday Taggers - Peace. Love and Joy
- Crazy for Challenges - A Christmas Card or item
- Secret Crafter - Sparkle and Shine
Ann xxx


19 comments:
Hi Ann, love the hat!! Your card is fab and really elegant, love Steph
Love your hat Ann, fab card and I haven't seen that embossing folder, clues as to it's make please.
XX
Morning Ann,or, should l say 'Maria' hehe ..l think you are right, the girls are jealous LOL..its a lovely hat and very festive !
Thats such a beautiful,classy card.l love the LO and the embossing. l think you have used alot of lilac in this card,love the use of the little gems !
Have a nice weekend ...
Hugs
susan x
Hello Ann
What a stunning, beatuiful and gorgeous card - it's just fantastic. love, love, it. I MUST have that embossing folder.
Hint, hint for Christms.
irene
xxxx
Gorgeous card, beautiful sweet image.Love the hat too.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps challenge.
luv
Debby
Holy MOses Woman!!! This is absolutely STUNNING!!! STUNNNING!!!!! YOu're new pic is adorable too! Hope all is well with you sweet lady! Thanks for playing C4C
hugs
Vicki
Wow this is supereb. I would not think of anything of this folder apart boering but you shoeved me wrong, just gorgeous. Thanks playing along with TT this week
hugs
Ildiko
Beautiful card - very elegant!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x
A super elegant card Ann - never mind about the 'touch' of liliac - it's fab. Love your new piccie too.
Beryl XX
A fabulous creation.
Thanks for joining us this week at the Secret Crafter and good luck.
Mel X
Gorgeous card Ann, so classy and elegant with beautiful embossing!!
Must say I like the picci - (you're loking well) but I'm just wondering what Santa is in mourning for.
So glad you could join us in the Simon Says Stamp challenge.
hugs Heather xx
Wow Ann love the hat and you don't look like Maria! Anyway on to the card, I love that folder and it is on my list to buy at some stage even though I don't need any more Christmas folders. I love the way you have added your touch of lilac so it is lovely in lilac and works for me!
Great card!
Jenny xx
I love your card Anne and the silver and lilac are gorgeous together ,,, I love your hat too ,,, think I told you that before ,,, there was me thinking you had made it especially and now you tell us you bought it at poundland !!! what a bargain !! :-)
thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp and ABC Christmas Challenges :-)
luv
Lols x x x
Stunning card, mirror card can be so tricky showing every little mark yours is perfect and such a great design. Thank you for sharing with us at Tuesday Taggers, xx Zoe
Ha haaa Great card and Hat Ann!
I like the embossing, Thanks for joining in with us on the ABC Christmas Challenge this time, Samantha :0)
Excellent card. Jx
Love the hat! Fab card too x Thanks for joining my challenge at Tuesday Taggers x Janet
The card is GORGEOUS! I love your hat, you look positively adorable :)
a fabulous festive creation, beautiful embossed baubles and love the touch of bling! thanks for joining in our challenge on the ABC Christmas blog.
hugs, annie x
Post a Comment