Friday, 3 December 2010

Christmas Birthdays...

or birthdays very near to Christmas.  When I started this card it was going to be another Christmas card, but it sort of changed along the way.  The image and backing papers are taken from Joanna Sheen's Fashion Boutique CD and printed on to glossy photo paper.  The image was mat and layered on to two shades of brown card and gold mirri card to add more glitz.  I've added border and corner peel offs to both the image and the outside of the card and a gold leaf with berries that has been in my stash for ages.  The gold peel off sentiment looks a bit wonky in the photo, but it was straight on the card I'm sure.
My card is for the challenges at ...
  • Crafty Ann's Challenge - Christmas and a sketch (spooky how I started this card yesterday and yet it is so close to Ann's sketch that I just had to enter it)
  • Alphabet Challenge - Foliage (think the lady sitting on the branch holding her bunch of mistletoe should count)
  • Tanda Teaser - Ladies Only
  • CD Sunday - White Christimas ( I do hope this card is okay even though it is a birthday card - I did print the image originally with this challenge in mind - honest!)
  • Allsorts Challenge - Monochrome
Well I'm back to work tomorrow providing the snow doesn't get any worse.  Have a great weekend everyone.

20 comments:

Carol said...

White Christmas and Birthdays makes sense to me Anne. I love the monchrome look. Just goes with the image.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
Carol
xx

Christine said...

Yipee Ann, you made it.
Gorgeous card, very elegant and love your matts and layers.
Thanks for joining us this week at CD Sunday, hope we see you again.
xxx

Irene said...

Hello Ann

What a fabulous elegant and so gorgeous card. Love the papers and that fab image.

irene
xxxx

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card! Love the image & colours. The mistletoe definitely counts for foliage & the holly leaf! Thanks for joining the Alphabet Challenge x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Love it! It's so gorgeous!

Hugs
Maarit

Ann Whitfield said...

Definitely spooky Ann - you must have been inside my head! Poor you, I'm sure you don't deserve it!! You're right, it's so close to the sketch that you had to enter it and the image is right for the other part of the either/or challenge anyway. It's gorgeous and I'm so pleased you shared it with us all.
Ann x

Tess said...

Gorgeous card Ann and just perfect for the CD Sunday Challenge. Thanks for joining us this week. Tess x

starcyl said...

Yay Ann it's good to see you! Great card and as lots of people have birthdays at Christma time your card fits the bill perfectly. I like the layout must pop over the Ann's challenge and have a little look. Thanks for joining in with us at CD Sunday this week.
Jenny x

scotspanda said...

lovely elegant card, the image is fab

thanks so much for joining in with my monochrome challenge this week @ Allsorts :o)

hugs

Amanda xx

Claire said...

Gorgeous card Ann, thats one of my favourite images. Your card is so elegant
Claire xx

iReneM said...

Oh, wow! utterly gorgeous, Ann - such a beautiful image and I love the papers and design.
Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's

x

Anne said...

Hi Ann! This card is really beautiful and it's given me an idea for my cousin's birthday which is on Christmas day! Thank you for the idea and also for playing along with Crafty Ann. Hugs x

Anne said...

Me again!!! Should have said thanks for playing along at CD Sunday too. Hugs x

Purple Crazy said...

reading this mdid make me laugh, i do exactly the same, start out with one idea and ends up so different, a very elegant card Ann, Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week, hope to see you back next week. xx

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Anne, what a lovely card and how spooky you'd already planned it before you knew of Ann's sketch. Thanks for taking part in Crafty Ann's Challenge this fortnight. Hope to see you back again very soon, Best wishes, Kym xxx

sue law said...

Your layout and and choice of colours give this a fabulous deco theme, perfectly complimenting the image you have chosen.

Thanks for joining in with out ladies only tanda teaser!
Sue
x

Max said...

Gorgeous card Ann. As others have already said the layout is fab and the overall impression is of elegance. HOWEVER ...
All those beautiful layers mean this card won't be fluttering gently through someone's letterbox - it's going to land with a 'thwump" so better watch out for those toes lol!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT
PS: Yes I got your message and sent you a text this morning xxx

Janet said...

Super card in every way. Lovely colours and very chic. Thank you for sharing this with us at Crafty Ann's.

Janet xx

Janet said...

Fabulous card Anne. Very chic.
Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafty Ann's Challenge.

Janet xx

DonnaMundinger said...

What a classy card, Ann! Love the image and the black and gold are gorgeous! xxD

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.