The sketch at the Sketch and Stash Challenge blog this time is such an inspiring one (and easy which is always good) that I just had to give it a go. It also gave me the chance to use my new gadget bought with the last of my Christmas present cash - a Xyron Design Runner, which I used to print the sentiment on this card.
Initially I was a bit miffed that it doesn't actually do the things they said it could when it was being aired as Pick of the Day on Create and Craft. I was so excited about it printing on acetate and was gutted to find that like any printer it won't unless you use the special printable acetate. However, having played lots I do like what it can do and don't regret buying it.
Additional materials...
- Penny Black Hedgie stamp - from a T for Transparent set - I was very naughty and cut some of the flowers off the main image so that I could stamp them where I wanted them in the circle.
- Flower punch and matching embossing punch
- Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder
- Pearl gem stones
- Embossed purple card and matching designer paper - unknown make
- Scalloped and matching circle nestability dies
- Lace
Challenges.,.
- Sketch and Stash - sketch - new stash = Design Runner - neglected stash = flower punch not used for ages
- Crazy 4 Challenges - a thank you sentiment
- Penny Black Challenge - Choose 4 items from a card buffet (really brill idea for a challenge - I chose patterned paper, 3 flowers, 3 gems and ribbon - please use your imagination for the ribbon. Imagine it on the embossed band on the card. Somebody around here forgot to stick it on - whoops!)
- Crafty Ann's Challenge - Ring in the new, but don't ring out the old. See above.
Double whoops - no wonder I forgot the ribbon -check out the date on the photo - 18th Jan and I'm still putting 2010 on my cards. Sheesh what am I like?
Have a good day everyone.
Love and hugs.
Ann xxx

12 comments:
Hi Ann
this is lovely, a gorgeous colour, thanks for joining us at PBSC
Joey x
Really lovely card Ann - I've been insprired by this sketch too, although the card is still in my head at present! I love your interpretation of it though and think you shouldn't neglect that flower punch so much - it's lovely! Thank you for sharing your inspiration with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x
Fabulous card ...luv the colours
Thanks for joining us at Sketch n Stash ...good luck!
xx Lizzy xx :)
Love this card Ann, Mr Hedgie looks so cute. Hugs Rita xxx
A gorgeous card Ann and thanks for using our sketch.
I love the sentiment, how clever are you using one of these machines? My poor, simple brain would never understand the instructions.
lol Chrissie xx
Hi ann,really lovely card,super sweet image and such a gorgeous colour:)
Thank you for joining us at sketch n stash
sue
xx
Gorgeous card Ann!
Such a cute image and I love the embossing and fab colour combo too :o)
Love how you done the sentiment with the runner, wish I got in now lol!
Thank you for joining us at Sketch n Stash and good luck!!
hugs Vicky xx
Hi Ann this is gorgeous I adore that cute image and the papers are beautiful I love this lots, thank you for joining us at Crafty Ann's
Hugs
Lorraine x
That hedgie looks so happy, great card. Thanks for joining in at Penny Black this week.
Liz x
beautiful card ann and he is such a happy hedgie......thanks for joining in the fun this week at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx
Awww, a beautiful card, Ann.
Love the colours - love the image - love the flowers - love it ALL
Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Ann's
x
Beautiful card Ann, very brave using your new toy on the bp but a fab result! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's this time
Claire xx
Post a Comment