Friday, 25 February 2011

Bah! Humbug! Day.,..Things that fly...

Well, okay normally when you think of Christmas cards and the subject of things that fly you might think of doves or angels or something along those lines, but no, normal things like that didn't enter my head.  I think in my case it's not a case of thinking outside the box, but more a question of living outside it!!!
Hmm, yes my card for our theme of 'Things that Fly' at Bah! Humbug! this week involves PLUTO!  He is flying - well it was that year that Father Christmas had flu and Mickey Mouse had to stand in at the last minute - you must remember that.  Laura (of 'it would be better in pink' fame) came into the craft room as I began working on this card.  Can you see the influence?  She insisted on black glitter card and really bright pink - eeeeeeeeeeeeeek - she has already requested this card to be saved to send to one of her friends.
Materials used...
  • Cuttlebug Mickey Mouse die
  • black glitter card, silver mirri card and pink pearlescent
  • tiny stars - Nellie Snellen die
  • black gems and black organza ribbon
  • cuttlebug embossing folder - basket weave?
  • silver peel off sentiment
  • 8.5 x 8.5 card base
Additional Challenges
My second card for the Bah! Humbug! Challenge  of things that fly requires people to be really observant.  Yes it's a post box and yes it's a snowy scene, but check out the top of the post box.  Two ROBINS and they fly don't they? Oh my goodness by now you are probably thinking who let her on the Design Team?  LOL - I know that everyone of our fantastic participants at Bah! Humbug! will do a 100% better job than me.  I can't wait to see their cards, but maybe they will forgive me for my dippy entries this week.  Fingers crossed!  

Materials used...
  • Cuttlebug embossing folder (basket weave?) 
  • image and sentiment taken from magazine freebie from way back
  • white, red and dark blue card
  • silver ribbon and silver corner peel offs
Additional challenges...
Have a great Friday everyone and if you have time do pop over to Bah! Humbug! to check out the challenge.
Ann xxx

13 comments:

camcraft said...

Ooooh Ann .. I just love your cards - The colours you have used on Pluto and his sleigh is amazing. I just love how your mind works with the challeges.
I so love robins and your card certainly captures them beautifully.
I am afraid I didn't go much 'outside' the box with my card!
Thank you to you Ann and the team at Bah Humbug for asking me to feature as a guest designer, I really have so enjoyed my time at Bah Humbug and am indeed very proud to have been a 'Humbugger'
Carole x

Janet said...

Absolutely love Mickey and Pluto and the colourscheme is superb. A wonderful card! Robins are lovely too but for sheer lunacy the sleigh gets my vote.

Janet xx

Beryl K said...

Gorgeous cards Ann, love the black and pink one. Unusual but stunning. The robin one is great too
Beryl x

Anne said...

What a fabulous card Ann. Thank you so much for linking up with us this time at OLL. Hugs x

mckinkle said...

2 very lovely christmas cards Ann!

I do love the black and hot pink! I think its because its the first time Ive seen that colour combo but also because of the fun element of Disney too!

Keryn x

Max said...

Whether you're inside ... or indeed outside ... the box makes no difference to me. I always look forward to seeing what you're going to do for our challenges and you never fail to delight. You have made 2 fabulous projects and whilst they're both completely different, they're equally appropriate for our flying challenge. Bah! Humbug! would be so lost without you and your wonderful ... if sometimes whacky ... ideas.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Max said...

Oh ... by the way ... you may be surprised to know that I really like the Pluto and Mickey card best.

starcyl said...

Mickey and Pluto for me but like both the cards, it is so different to see a Christmas card in shocking pink but I think it really works. Not sure where you live but it looks like a good place to be.

Jenny xx

the crafty duck said...

Hello Ann, love your Mickey card, the colours are fab and its so cute, and your robins are really sweet too, lots of love Steph

Pink Dandelion said...

I just love your Pluto card. Very non-traditional colours but fab. My daughter and her friends would love this one. Debs xx

Canonbury creations said...

Love both your cards Ann, can't believe how well shocking pink and black look on a Christmas card!! Have to say I'm a sucker for tradition and I love the robins :)

Beeceecreativity said...

super cute cards.. great images.. great colour combos..
thanks for playing along at Party Time Tuesdays.. hope to see you again next week... hugs Bev PTT DT

uksharon said...

Fabulous card. Well you have definitely made me re-think using my Cricut.
Thanks for joining us at CCCC this week.
Best wishes, Sharon

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.