Saturday, 12 February 2011

Ready for Christmas...

but totally unorganised for anything else.  Sheesh how did Valentine's Day sneak up so fast and birthdays too!!!  Yikes got loads to finish before Monday.  This is a super quick card I've done for my daughter, Shelley.  I always make a card and a little gift for each of my daughters and my mum each year.
This card was just so easy as the main part of it is made up from a sheet of gorgeous black and white patterned card by Kanban that already had the silver heart border and scalloped edge on it.  I only had to add the die cut scalloped hearts, a bit of ribbon, a few gems and a peel off sentiment.  'Simples' but effective and I must admit I like this one as much as some of the cards I have spent hours and hours on.  Just goes to show that when needs must even 'the great ditherer' can work fast!

Challenges...
Hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend.  I'm working tomorrow so I better get going on my other Valentine projects super fast.
Hugs and Smiles.
Ann xxx

13 comments:

Chrissie said...

I'm really loving this one Ann, so elegant!
lol Chrissie xx

Janet said...

A very elegant and chic card. I like it very much.

Janet xx

Christine said...

Elegant and classy Ann, but then I love black and white together.
Hugs xx

Beryl said...

Ooh it's lovely. I think you'd better make two like that or they'll be fighting over it.
Don't work too hard tomorrow.
Beryl xx

Jen said...

A very classy card. Thank you for joining in with us over at Rainbow Lady's challenge blog this week.
Jen x

ElizabethR said...

Eeeeehhmm how many valentines have you got to finish ???? Sorry how could I resist that? LOL Elizabeth xxx

Scrumplescrunch said...

A truly lovely card Ann.
Smiles:)

camcraft said...

Just so beautiful Ann. Like Chrissie says, so elegant. Like you I always make my girls a card and a small gift for Valentines - I am way behind this yr. Will need to get cracking tomorrow .. well today, but am down with the flu (been caring for mum who also has flu) so feel proper poorly - am hoping once beechams kicks in I will begin to feel well enough to making the cards/gifts.
Carole x

Claire said...

Wow Ann, the great ditherer has done an amazing job lol. A gorgeous card!
Claire xx

An Occasional Genius said...

Super elegant & classy, love it! x

Rainbow Lady said...

mmm like this a lot Ann black and white perfectly elegant. Thanks so much Love Cynthia x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah a super card, what a nice thought giving to your daughters and Mum. thanks for playing on Rainbow Lady this week Hazelxoxo

Marushy said...

Hi
WOW It's wonderful card.

Thanks for joining Cutie Sunday this week.

Hugs
Marushy

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.