Friday, 30 September 2011

I'm back!...

Sheesh where did September go?  Well, I suppose I spent most of it on holiday and I must admit I had an absolutely wonderful in time in the Dominican Republic - sigh - so missing the sunshine and palm trees.  The rest of the month was taken up with washing, packing and work and it just flew by.  Thank goodness my super buddy Max was able to keep Bah! Humbug! running single handed.  I owe her big time!
Anyway, I'm back now and ready to be challenged by our weekly Christmas theme at Humbug Hall.  This week sees us thinking about the 'Navity'.  My card uses an image from a sheet I printed years ago when I was on the Design Team at Ooh la la Creations.  See if you keep your print outs long enough they do eventually get used!  The card I made at that time using the largest image on the sheet can be seen here.  For my new card I used one of the smaller images and matted it on to an embossed layer made using the Swiss Dots folder.  To get the size I had to feed the card through the machine 4 times -eeeeeeeeek!  The sentiment was printed on to one of the scraps of green card left over using my Xyron Design Runner.
Do pop over to Bah! Humbug! to both join in and check out the fabulous work by my team mates.
My card is also for the challenges at...
Have a great weekend everyone.  I'm going to be making some Halloween cards with the ladies at work using some fabulous plastic skeletons I found at Poundland - so cool and 24 in the pack so quite a bargain.  Fingers crossed that the idea I have for using them works - if it does watch this space.
Ann xxx

18 comments:

Carolyn said...

Glad you enjoyed your hols and what a super card for this week's challenge. It has certainly inspired me :)

Laurie said...

Your card is striking! Just love it! Thanks for playing with us at CTO!
Laurie
scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

Rita said...

I love your card for to-day, its really beautiful. TFS. Hugs Rita xx

Danni said...

Wonderful holiday card! Thank you for playing along with Shopping Our Stash!

Sandra H said...

Wow you have made an impression here your card is stunning:) Sandra H

Micki said...

THAT is a wonderful, elegant card. I love the clean lines..... classic and so very elegant. Thanks so much for playing along with us in The Sisterhood of Crafters.

June Houck said...

Elegant and beautiful! Thank you for joining our B&W+1 color challenge this week :)

Max said...

Welcome back my wee Bah Humbugger friend. Are you absolutely SURE it wasn't Gran Canaria? LOL!
You obviously didn't leave your talent in your suitcase anyway if this beauty is anything to go by. Super image and classic look with the black matting and ribbon detail. Am seriously considering getting a Design Runner now after seeing your results with it. You're such a temptress lol!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Cre8tiveVet said...

How beautiful! I love the colors you used. Thanks for joining us at CTo.
-Yvette
cre8tivegirls.blogspot.com

Ruth said...

This is a beautiful card! Love It!

Leslie Hanna said...

Is that SU River Rock? I love black with it - so striking! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

I love your beautiful Christmas card, the colors with your wonderful image make it look so elegant! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO, hope to see you again next week :)

Esther said...

Wonderful CAS card!
Thanks for joining us at CTO!

Jules said...

Hi Ann

I am so pleased you had a good holiday .. .. hope you are all caught up with that dreaded "return home" washing, ironing, unpacking and putting away sketch. (Never as exciting as packing it in the first place is it!!!?!?!?).

I love your Christmas make.

Gorgeous colours and fabulous image and sentiment.

Love Jules xx

Charlotte said...

Oh so pretty!!!

Aquarius said...

I'm pleased you had a good holiday. This is a peaceful nativity scene

Dawny P said...

Wow this is fabulous - and what lovely colours as well :) Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge, hugs, Dawny x

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous card, Ann! So happy to see you back. We missed you so at Humbug Hall! xxD

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.