Oh had such an awful few days after being struck down by one the nasty flu viruses going around at the moment. I was even feeling too ill to go online - that is bad! However, started to feel a bit brighter yesterday and made a start on scrapping some photos of Eli's last visit. Not too convinced about the results, but I faffed around for ages with this page and this was the best it got.
Luckily while in bed suffering I managed to watch some Serif Craft Artist programmes on Create and Craft so I now know how to use shadows, scissors to create material frayed edges and how to do phrased a much faster and neater way so maybe there is a good side to being confined to bed.
I used the fab sketch at Creative Scrappers for my initial inspiration and incorporated the word 'WONDER' from the theme at the Bird is the Word Challenge blog. I must admit that at first my interpretation of 'wonder' was meant to be the way Eli was completely mesmerised by the tree and baubles, but as I started journalling it sort of changed into a 'I wonder what I can get away with' thing.
Other challenges include...
- Anything Goes Challenge Biog - anything but a card
- Crafty Card Makers - use it three times (my photo frames and the embellishments on them are all used 3 times)
Think this may be my last posting before the big day, especially seeing as I haven't been able to get anything done for the last few days I need to catch up fast, so I would like to wish everyone visiting my blog a very happy Christmas and let's hope that the New Year brings better things for all of us.
Whoops just sneaked back to show page two of Eli exploring the Christmas tree. This time I used a sketch from Sketches in Thyme as a basis for my design. It was really fun to have the star as a matt to layer the photo on.
Whoops just sneaked back to show page two of Eli exploring the Christmas tree. This time I used a sketch from Sketches in Thyme as a basis for my design. It was really fun to have the star as a matt to layer the photo on.
Love and laughter and wishing everyone absolutely the best Christmas ever.
Ann xxx




11 comments:
Hope you are feeling better now. Lovely pictures of your niece.
Thanks for joining us at Craft Cardmakers.
Hi, this is so lovely:) Sandra H
Love all your layouts Ann. Eli is growing so quickly. Have a lovely Christmas. Debs xx
Just to clarify so that nobody else gets confused Eli is my Grandson - I know it's written down it does look like a girl's name but heh I didn't choose it.
Ann xxx
A lovely layout & super photos. Nicely balanced & gorgeous frames & embellies. Thanx for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week.
Lovely layout and Pictures. Have a good day on Christmas 2011. Ho ho ho.....
such great LOs, and what adorable little pics!! Thanks for joining us at Sketches In Thyme! =) Tiffany
Hi!
Beautiful LO's! I really like your I Wonder LO. Have a great day!
Sherrie
Food for Thought
http://100sweets.blogspot.com/2011/12/wonder-of-mother-nature.html
wonderful LOS!!!! love how you did the edges of the star!!! sooo cool. thanks soo much for playing along with Sketches in Thyme!!!!
Beautiful pages, Ann! LOVE those "frayed" edges! GORGEOUS! Thanks so much for playing along with us this month at Sketches in Thyme!
Such a lovely pages, so sweet photos:)
Thanks for playing along at BITW:)
Post a Comment