Tuesday, 10 January 2012

Dancing the day away...

This the facing page to the one I did yesterday which is in the post below.  Again created in Serif Scrapbook Artist.  This time I used a sketch from Sketches in Thyme.  

I really liked this sketch for it's lovely clean lines and will be using it with real scrapbook papers and a holiday photo later today.
UPDATE...
Seeing as the page is finished it may as well be added to this post.
This project matches  a page I completed just before Christmas.  I wanted to keep it very clean and simple again so that the two would go together.
The strips were embossed using the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder and to add more texture and interest to the vertical lines I punched holes and threaded ribbon through.  Afterwards I added a little bling.  The title was printed on acetate and then attached.  As to the journalling - well I'm afraid my nerves just couldn't take touching the page with a pen and it really wouldn't have matched up anyway.  That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Guess that's two whole pages not featuring Eli - oh my goodness that is so strange.  He'll be featuring again soon you can be sure as I haven't done anything with the pics of him in his elf outfit yet and those are just so cute.
Have a wonderful day whatever you are doing.
Hugs Ann xxx

3 comments:

Sandra H said...

Hi Ann, Lovely sketch to work with and your card is gorgeous:) Sandra H

Rene Sharp said...

Looks like you were having loads of fun in the top photo Ann. So glad that you played along with us at Sketches in Thyme. Smiles, Rene' :)

Joni Parker said...

Wow Ann!! 2 layouts with the sketch!! They are both awesome!! I too love the simplicity of this sketch!.. Thanks for playing along at Sketches in Thyme!!

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.