ooooooooooh a real paper page!! Oh my I really got carried away on this. Actually finding the matching papers took me absolutely ages. How annoying is it when the two sides on double sided paper don't match each other. Grrrrrrrrrr really frustrating. I love the blue design here, but the blue on the reverse is a totally different shade and they just don't look right together. In the end (hours later with every pack of 12" x 12" paper I own out) I opted to use a terracotta paper, which I liked as it matched the tiles on the photo and in my opinion provided a good contrast to the blue.
Other materials used...
- hammered cream paper
- Spellbinder flower, scalloped and plain circle die
- circle punch to punch out photos
- gems coloured using Promarker pen
- Sizzix tag die
- sketch (with loads of alterations) originally from Pagemaps by Becky Fleck
- Designer papers by ?? - had so many out I really can't remember which pack they were from.
Challenges...
- Oldie but a Goodie - April Showers (items more than six months old - absolutely everything I've used)
- Simon Says Stamp - April Showers bring May flowers
- One Stop Craft Challenge - three circles
Well I'm off to stash away all the papers I've spread out everywhere and generally tidy my craft space. Hope everyone is having a great day.
Ann xxx

15 comments:
What a brilliant scrapbook page - I love it & the blue & terracotta look brilliant together - as you say it picks up on the tile colour. So is that you in the pic?
Lovely work indeed, thank you so much for joining us at An Oldie But A Goodie this time, & please check back tomorrow to see if you're a winner & to see what the next challenge is, Jx
Hmmmmm fraid it is me in the pic, but can I just say that I've lost about 2 stone in weight since then - thank goodness!
Thank you for such a lovely comment.
Ann xxx
Lovely card, thanx for joining us at One Stop Craft Challange, and good luck.
Caz OSCC, DT
The end result was worth the hassle Ann, it's a fabulous page. It is annoying though when things don't match! Carol x
This is a fabulous scrapbook page really love the colours they go so well together:)x
Well done Ann using real paper, I have tons of the stuff and still use CA, I think we have all been out in the tropics expecting beautiful weather and getting soaked, good job it's short lived usually.
I do like the colours you have chosen and even though it was wet it was a day to remember, great page.
Jenny x
Trouble with using real stuff - you have to put it all away afterwards - but I expect you know that by now.Glad you found the perfect paper to go with that gorgeous blue - and the photos not half bad either. Looks like you were enjoying yourself.
Beryl xx
Hi Ann
I am loving the terracotta with the blue .. .. great combo.
Fab layout and photograph.
Love Jules xx
Lovely picture Annie... love the colours too xx
So annoying when you know exactly what you want, and can't find it! This is a beautiful page, love the colours, really well designed. x
This is a fabulous piece Ann, love the blue and terracotta together. Great pic too
Beryl x
lovely page - and you're right, the blue and terracotta colours do go well together!
Kim x
Love the colour combo' ... I really need NEED NEED! to sort out my paper stash 'cos I can't find anything at the moment and, (as you know), it's not from lack of products lol.
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Beautiful page, I love your layout and that blue is lovely
Toni :)
Super well done on the top 3! I'm always thinking about starting to scrap book - it's nice to get some ideas. Great blog! Hugs, Jayne x
Post a Comment