Friday, 29 November 2013

Downton Abbey...

Everytime the title came up while I was watching this series the dramatic title page with black and white lettering on contrasting background blew me away.  I kept thinking I'd love to try that on a card or a scrapbook page and then one day while meandering around Pinterest I saw someone had given it a try.  I loved what they had done and was even more determined to have a go myself.
Apologies for the not so good photo - had to take it at night before my daughter ran off with the card to send to her sister on her first wedding anniversary.
I'm not usually good at 'clean and simple', but I'm quite happy with this card even though I say so myself.  

Materials...
  • heart die cuts from a tiny die that came with my original Wizard machine
  • sentiment dies by Britannia 
  • black and white card 
  • a single gemstone
 Challenges...
Hope everyone is enjoying Thanksgiving and having a wonderful time with your friends and family.

Annie xxx

5 comments:

Sandra H said...

So elegant Ann x

Lin said...

Very elegant and absolutely perfect for our CAS challenge.

Thanks for sharing with us

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers

Lisa Carroll said...

This is gorgeous! Clean and simple perfection.. love the elegant design and dramatic color palette! :) Thanks for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week!

Di said...

Oh Ann

This really is fabulous! A perfect example of CAS!

I just checked Mr Linky and your Christmas tree card showed up fine! And there were no 'spurious' entries lurking behind the scenes.

Hugs, Di xx

Viv said...

Fab CAS Card! Thanks for joining in my CAS challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and Good Luck

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.