Tuesday, 26 November 2013

Variations on a theme...

Sometimes it so easy to spend ages planning out a design it seems such a shame to do only one version so today I'm show casing two versions of a very similar card.  One made for my own mum's birthday and one done for an order.


Both use items that have been in my stash for an eternity.  The Storybook cartridge by Cricut, a flower and leaf punch from the archives and a brand new sentiment die by Britannia. Oh the butterfly dies are new too - eeeeeeeeeeek seem to have bought a lot of stash lately.  Love these butterflies by Joanna Sheene though - so delicate.  If anyone knows a good way of sticking the Britannia sentiment die cuts on projects please let me know as I am still experimenting.

Challenges...
 and probaby a thousand more challenges but as I am newly returned to blogging two is enough - so wish we could go back to the days when it was possible to enter every challenge each week.

Have a good day tomorrow everyone.
Annie xxx

11 comments:

Angie said...

Both cards are very nice! Really like the blue & silver one! Thanks for joining us in our first challenge at Crafting From The Heart! Angie-DT

Di said...

Hi there Ann!

A few things, so make a cup of tea and sit back!

Firstly, I adore your cards - both are gorgeous - especially the blue and silver one!

Secondly, fixing those Britannia sentiments. Generally I use a Quickie Glue pen as it's got such a fine nib. If really pushed I use Crafter's Pick Ultra Tacky glue - for onto acetate or glossy surfaces where the glue pen might not work well. I did a blog post here about the stuff and it really does live up to its name: http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/tis-season-to-be-jolly.html

Thirdly, thank you so much for commenting and becoming a follower, I'm returning the compliment :)

And last, but not least, I bet you use little scraps (snippets) when making your lovely cards. Why not come and join us in the Snippets Playground? It's a fun, a little bit silly at times, and a weekly prize to be won.

Hope to see you there - the girlies will make you very welcome!

Hugs, Di xx

Ann Whitfield said...

It's soooo good to have you back in blogland again Annie, I've missed you! Don't put yourself under pressure though, just blog as and when you can so that you can enjoy it and we can keep on getting to see gorgeous creations like these.
Ann x

Sharon Noble said...

Hiya Your card is lovely I love the colours you have used. Thank you so much for taking part in our first challenge at Crafting from the Heart. I hope to see you next time. hugs Sharon xox

Di said...

I just read your lovely message properly - do come and join this mad crowd!

Hugs, Di xx

Sandra H said...

Both of your cards are stunning x

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous cards , love the beautiful design & details.

Donna x

Beryl said...

The are both gorgeous cards Ann and I agree with you about the timeit takes to come uP with a design.Good idea to make a couple while you are at it. I saw a good tip on the tv yesterday for sticking delicate die. Smearing pva glue on the back of your hand and dabbing the die into it. I'm going to try that myself next time I use a fine die.
Beryl xx

Annie said...

Yes I've seen that a lot lately by the lady that demos the tonic dies. It does work - I've tried it using photo glue. After a few times though my skin felt sore - don't see why you couldn't put a little on a piece of acetate or something for same effect.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful card for a lovely mam thankyou for joining our first challenge at crafting from the heart challenge blog and hope to see more of your work next time. Good luck Fiona (DT C-owner) x

An Occasional Genius said...

Both lovely Ann but I have to say the aqua one totally blew me away...it's simply stunning!! You are very welcome to any help I may be able to give so please do get in touch if you need to anytime xx

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.