Thursday, 14 May 2015

Get Well Soon...


Yeah it's Thursday and that means it's Aud Sentiments day and my week to showcase my project for our present challenge which is a sketch one.  I love sketches as they give a great starting point for a design and sometimes explode into something totally unlike the original, but still amazing.
I tried really hard to stick to the sketch but the sentiment was a little wayward and toddled off to the other side of my card, but hey ho I think I got away with it.
The main image is a fun and funky one from Sassy Studio Designs called Get Well Soon Sassy.  I printed the design on to different designer papers and then paper pieced the image using Promarkers for Sassy herself.  The orange looks way brighter on the photo than in real life - think I overdid it with the brightness button on the computer!

Challenges...all anything goes...
Have a great day whatever you are up to.
Ann xxx



5 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous colouring of the image and great colour combo Ginnyx

Mrs A. said...

There is some great paper piecing going on here and the green and orange look just fine to me. Love that fun image. Thankyou for sharing with us at Crafting From The Heart. hugs ValeryAnne DT.

~ginny said...

Ann, I love the paper piecing you did with this one! The chair looks great & so realistic! And I love that you picked up the DP from the background for the ice bag and blanket... that is such a nice artistic touch to carry that design thru your piece. The ultimate detail for me is that great little hanging sign like one you would put on a door handle! Perfect for your sentiment toots!
~ginny g
RubberMAD

Michelle said...

Lovely card. I like the greens.
Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion.
Hope we see you again and good luck.
xxx Michelle (DT)

SASAYAKI GLITTER STAMPS BY NAZ said...

Love it. Thank you so much for joining us at Craft Your Passion challenge.
http://craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.com.au/
Naz xxx

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.