Sunday, 7 June 2015

Stamp Storage...


Is anyone like me with a whole drawer full of unmounted stamps, but because they are unmounted you can hardly tell which is which?  Well the other day I wanted to join in the Facebook Sweet Pea stamps challenge, but you have to use a stamp that is currently on their website to join in.  Oh what a job I had trying to decipher what each stamp was and then I had a light bulb moment and tried this out.  Stamp the image on any old scraps of white card - add to the pockets on the jewellery holder and then add the rubber stamp to the back and bobs your uncle.

Two sides too so in total you can store 66 stamps - oops - I think I may need a few more hangers!


There is plenty of room for each stamp and so easy to find the one you want.  I think I bought the hanger at B&M stores, but I've seen them on sale all over and they are not very expensive. I wonder how long it will take a craft company to seize the idea and sell them at £30 a time!!

Now I know this is not a card or a scrapbook page or anything of the sort, but I did use snippets of white card and it took ages so I'm entering into the challenge at Pixie's Snippet Playground.  I think Di would like to see this idea anyway cause I have a feeling she might just have a few stamps to house too.
The sun is shining here and I'm having a fabulous weekend.  I hope you are too.
Annie xxx

6 comments:

Jane Willis said...

What a brilliant idea, all my unmounted stamps are in boxes and although I've sorted them into themes, it still takes me ages to find what I want. Mind you' I'd need an awful lot of hangers to house them all!
Jane

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Brilliant Idea Ginny x

Pia S said...

How clever! I could really do with something like this and getting a bit more organized...

Di said...

Great idea and a perfect one to use up your snippets as well Annie! I have a lot of my unmounted stamps in postcard albums, with a card index box. BUT, I still have boxes and boxes yet to go through. At least you can see what you have now! And good that it didn't cost a fortune too.

Hugs

Di xx

Mrs A. said...

What a nifty idea. If I wasn't so fed up with making pocket advent calendars I would knock a few up myself! Hugs Mrs A.

Elizabeth said...

It's a great idea, Annie. You can see at a glance the stamp you are looking for. I use a shoe tidy to store my paper punches in - much tidier than on a shelf. Elizabeth xx

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.