Sunday, 16 August 2015

A special Wedding Day card...


One of my daughter's work mates wanted me to make an extra special wedding day card - boxed and super sized.  This is what I came up with.  Thankfully she was blown away by it so maybe it was worth all the stress.

I wanted to use this gorgeous rose foiled acetate by Hunky Dory on the card, but due to the positioning of the design I had to do the card larger than my norm otherwise I would have had to trim off too much of the design - the card is about 8.5" by 8.5" - so pretty big!

The main image is a stamp by Stampendous bought years ago for an extortionate amount (£13), but seeing as I still love it probably well worth the amount spent.  I stamped the image onto white card and then used Promarkers to colour the suit and flowers.  I stamped the dress part onto vellum and embossed with silver embossing powder and then cut out and layered onto the main image.

The sentiment was computer generated and then layered onto  a die cut.

Challenges...

Thanks for looking and leaving such amazing comments.
Annie xxx

6 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

a fabulous card love the image Ginny x

Wendy L said...

Lovely card, so beautiful, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

Patty Sue 2 said...

I can only imagine how happy the bride was! Your card is lovely! Thank you for joining us at ABC CHALLENGE! Good luck and please join us again with your lovely work!

Mummylade said...

Wonderful project. Thank you for joining our challenge at Allsorts!

Mojca said...

Oh I just love your creations, looks so very pretty! Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge. Hugs! Mojca

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.