Another Christmas card - oh my I'm going to have more cards than friends this year! I do love making Christmas things though. A chance to bring out the glitter and so many gorgeous images.
This card came into being as I wanted to use the bits left after cutting something out on my Silhouette machine. They were quite small bits really so not much scope although as you can see from the photo below I managed to mat and layer my image on a scrap with a hole in the middle. LOL. After cutting out the pine branches there was very little left and that can go in my grandson's scrap box.
Materials...
- DCWV scraps left after using 12 by 12 sheet in Silhouette machine
- Backing papers by HOTP
- sentiment stamp by Papermania
- Owl by Hero Arts - tiny little clear stamp set
- Santa hat by Stampin Up
- Glamour dust
All the items I've used are really old things from my stash - I really need to use what I have more often rather than keep buying and buying more. Hmm, famous last words!
Challenges...
- Crafty Cardmakers - Make it sparkle
- Pixie's Snippets Playground - use your snippets
- Crafty Hazlenut's Challenge - something beginning with P - pine branch
- Allsorts - make it sparkle
- Penny Black and More - anything goes
Thank you for visiting my blog - have a great day whatever you are up to.
Annie xxx
12 comments:
This is very pretty.
Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week :)
AnyOldCraft.
Great use of your snippets. Fab festive card.
See you over by the bike sheds at break time!
Hugs, Sarn xxx
Brilliant card Ginny x
Super Christmas card Annie - I do love the owl - and the backing paper is such a lovely Nordic looking pattern. By gum lass, you do get the most out of your snippets - great to see!
Hugs
Di xx
A wonderful Christmas card. Your owl is adorable with his Santa hat on and a great use of all of your scraps. Lovely backing papers and the pine branches make a great seat for the owl. Thanks for joining our challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers and more. Sally.x.
Oh how cute is your card Annie l just love it!
Hi Annie,
What a fab card made up of your bits and bobs.. I think most of us could make loads of cards using leftovers hehe..you are certainly showing us the way hehehe
Hugs
Susan x
Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week Tracy x
love your wise owl.Thanks for joining in the Crafting From The Heart challenge. Mary
Ops! that shaould have been Crafty Cardmakers. Wearing too many hats! Mary
A great way to use up all your bits.I am more likely to use up my bits in my silhouette, using the grid to cut everything in one go. Thanks for visiting. I have only just realised it was you as I have only ever called you Ann, not Annie!I like your owl. He looks a bit surprised to find himself there.A nice cheerful card. Kate x
Well done on using your snippets - I like your owl and that paper is great - all goes together so well.
Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More this month.
Lynn x
DT
Post a Comment