Thursday, 11 February 2016

and all because of a forgotten heart!!

Well what a challenge I have had with this week's dictionary letter for the Craft Barn Challenge?  As some will have seen in my post yesterday I completely forgot that there was an extra to the challenge and we had to add a heart to the chosen letter F.
Now most people would have simply added hearts like bubble leading up from the fish's mouth - in fact lots of friends suggested that in the comments, but oh dear no I didn't think of it - no I had to go down the more complicated route of adding a fisherman who loved his fishing hobby !!
So many things went wrong along the way - too much of a sad and boring a tale to tell involving having to remove pages from the dictionary and other disasters, but in the end I ended up using a page from the front of the dictionary with the Italian word for fish and fisherman on it and then die cut the appropriate part in a heart shape to go alongside the stamped and coloured fisherman.
At one side we have the English words 'fish and fisherman' highlighted and at the other the Italian words 'un pesce et un pescatore ' in the heart.  
I got there in the end even if it was a very round about route!!  Next time I'm going to think my idea through more before putting stamp to paper.
Thank you to all my lovely friends who have been so kind about yesterday's efforts.  I didn't read your tips till after I had stamped the fisherman!
Have a great evening.
Annie xxx

16 comments:

Anne O said...

Hahaha! Loved your tale! And so much better than a few bubbles! Congratulations on your fabulous win for Q! Best wishes, Anne O.

Annie said...

Ah, he's a delightful fellow. With heart. LoL. Nice save! Your fisherman and your fish stamps are really great. I was not brilliant. I did not think of the easy add heart bubbles either. But you got there in the end, and your page spread looks delightful.

Scrapmate said...

A very sweet addition .

kaybee said...

Still love the heart-shaped fish! But the additions add a little extra something!

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

fabulous piece Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fabulous save! I think this is a wonderful way to use your talents and create the heart, too. BTW, congrats on your winning the Q challenge.

Julia said...

Well done! The heart is there. Even if it was a bit of an effort the end result is great.

Craftyfield said...

Ah... we've all been there! Now everything is there and correct, it's the main thing! And your fisherman is rather fun, glad you added him.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's fantastic, your pages are great :D

WendyK said...

Well saved, your page is lovely.

Crafty Claire said...

Well done for going with the more ambitious option xx

gardenpinks said...

Well done for sticking with it and finding a very good work around. It was well worth the effort x

hazel said...

I love how you saved your page - fabulous.
xxx Hazel.

Jane said...

Ha ha, well done! A lovely page for The Craft Barn Alpha/Dictionary Challenge, thank you for joining in!
Jane x

Lesley said...

Well done, you got there in the end! Great pages! xx

maggie said...

Well done on saving the day.

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.