This is another card made using the HOTP book 'Shaped Cards'. I made it yesterday, at the same time as my other card, but I wasn't totally happy with it. Today, I've added a black peel off to the top of the cuttlebug embossing and roses to the corners which has improved the look of it, but I still don't like it as much as the pretty gentle pink card.
One thing I am really pleased about it the way I managed to get a really wide piece of cuttlebug embossing to give the impression of a table cover at the bottom of the card. No way would the piece fit in my machine, but using a rolling pin on the folder worked great. I would definitely recommend that for anyone wanting a wider than normal piece of embossing.

6 comments:
Ann
Another fantastic cup card, and thank you for the idea with the cuttlebug folders and rolling pin.
luv
irene
xxxx
FABULOUS - in fact i think ill go and put the kettle on :)
Have a peek over at my blog something there for you
L x
It's lovely Ann, but I agree the pretty pink one is better. Reminds me of when we used to have a cup of tea in a china cup at my Nan's when I was little. Was always terrified I'd break the hand;le off LOL. Nice to see you're using the book.
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
I really like this one Ann - it's just very different from the pink one and you need to get used to it :)
Ann x
There are some gorgeous creations here Ann since I last visited, all fab I might add, hope you re well :)
Hugs
Elaine x
I think this one is just as pretty as the pink one Ann, just more dramatic in colour. The tip with the rolling pin sounds like a great idea, I must try it (as soon as I buy a rolling pin!)
Post a Comment