Thursday, 20 November 2008

Let it snow sketch...

This week the challenge at http://stampchallenges.blogspot.com/ was a really interesting sketch. I'm afraid I failed to get it exactly like the sketch as I misjudged the size of the space for the squares, but it's not too different I hope.

The stamp I used is one by Stampendous and is a square stamp made up of 9 different squares. I thought it was ideal for cutting up to use on this challenge and made one card using the snowmen squares and card number two using the rabbit squares.

I must be on a roll (or sickening for something), because I also decided to use the whole stamp to create this square card.

All the cards are on a snowy theme and are suitable for the challenge of 'Let it Snow' at http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.com/ and 'Snow or snowflakes' at http://cutecardthursday.blogspot.com/.
The last card is also my entry for the Joanna Sheen forum challenge where members have been asked to make a card to illustrate their favourite Christmas song. I don't say this is my favourite, but everytime I use this cuttlebug embossing folder that song comes into my head. Infact alongside 'It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas' it's beginning to drive me mad!
Materials used:
  • white card
  • silver mirri card
  • pink card
  • Stampendous stamp
  • snowflakes cuttlebug embossing folder
  • pearleslent watercolour paints
  • pink gem stones from stash
  • silver die cut sentiments from stash

19 comments:

Andrea, said...

Fab card, love the images thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Irene said...

Fantastic cards Ann, I love them.

luv
irene
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards, love them all!!

Marlene x

Beryl K said...

Beautiful cards Ann, they are great for the challenges
Beryl x

Erin... said...

These are both fantastic! Love the gold paper and those super adorable images!! The snowflake embossing is perfect! thanks for playing!

Joey said...

Hi, all of these cards are fab, they look so elegant and clean and I love those images.x

Chrissie said...

Fabulous cards Ann, I like them all!
I'm having the same sort of problem, each time I pop a christmas sentiment on a card, I'm stuck with the song for the rest of the day. It's driving me mad!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Perfect winter cards Ann! Love them all, great job with the sketch too. Love the embossing and the silver trim. Thanks for playing. :)

Mel said...

Great cards ~ Mel

Kathryn said...

Love all the cards -- so cute!
I especially love the pink/white one- - so very pretty! ;)

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful cards.

Sue said...

Fabulous cards Ann, they are gorgeous.

Gabigabs said...

Great cards. Love the stamps and embossing too.

Heather said...

Who's been a busy little Bee then.
If you hadn't guessed I'm trying to catch up with my blog hopping and commenting (Lol)
It's amazing what you've done with this one stamp - clever girl!!
hugs Heather xx

Mrs Mayne said...

Great cards! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge!

carolann said...

Absolutely awesome cards hun WTG xxxxx

Max said...

Hey lady ... you can't half cram a lot into a couple of days!
Slow down 'cos you make me feel lazy!LOL

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Bev said...

Fabulous cards!! Love that stamp - it's gorgeous. The embossing looks great too

hugs Bev x

Pootle said...

fab cards :) those bunnies are so cute

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.