Thursday, 13 November 2008

Messy Rabbit Quick Card...


Doing quick cards is not easy for me. I'm a great one for spending ages choosing the right shade of paper etc and generally messing about trying things out so the challenge at http://abc-challenge.blogspot.com/ to make a card in 20 minutes was quite a task. At one stage I did think that the alternative 'Q' choice of quilling might have been a better bet!!!


However, I tried and I did keep to the 20 minutes - honest - well almost - I did get carried away when choosing the brad because I remembered that I had some cute bow things that you can use with a brad. I reckon the 10 minutes or so trying to find the safe place they were stashed away in should not count!!!


I made the card using the scarf frame from the fabulous clip art I bought recently and my Messy Rabbit stamp that hopped over from Joanna Sheen's website yesterday. I'm not completely happy with the card, but it is the first time I've coloured a messy rabbit image and the bright colours in the scarf made it quite hard to get the combination right on the rabbit.
Materials used:
  • turquiose base card
  • yellow card
  • satin photo paper
  • Joanna Sheen Messy Rabbit stamp
  • PC Crafter Clipart
  • wizard tag die cut
  • brad and bow from stash
  • silver sentiment peel off

12 comments:

Irene said...

Wow, gorgeous. I just LOVE it.

luv
irene
xxxx

Elaine ♥ said...

Such a quick cutie Ann, gorgeous image, I love it ;)

Elaine x

Chrissie said...

Fabulous card Ann, I think the scarf frame goes perfectly with him in his little knitted jumper!

Jen said...

I love that image and the scarf looks brilliant with it.
Thanks for joining the ABC challenge this week.
Jen x

Ann Whitfield said...

Well, it's perfectly possible that I have no eye for colour Ann.....but I think it's fabulous!
Ann x

Elaine ♥ said...

Hi again Ann lol!! Course you can link my Tilda Step card, I am delighted that it inspired you :)

Hugs
Elaine x

Anonymous said...

Aw ain't he cute a fab card, thanks for joining in the ABC challenge with us this week.

Rosietoes said...

:)loved your comment on my blog today.
I'm loving this card too. What a clever idea to use this background - it is perfect with the rabbit stamp. And the bow, what can I say? Worth every moment you spent searching for it. :)

Max said...

Well I think you've done a lovely job with him Ann.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Happy Crafter said...

great card love the rabbit and the scarf frame is perfect for him :)
Val xxx

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

fantastic card

thanks for joining us this week on ABC

hugs jane x

Cathy said...

Such a cute card - I need that rabbit!!
Thank you for joining us on the ABC challenge this week.
Cathy xx

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.