
When I was doing the Cuttlebug Sketch challenge a few days ago my daughter passed a comment that it was okay but would be brilliant in pink. She is very much a PINK person so just for her and the challenge at http://abc-challenge.blogspot.com/ a pink Christmas card.
This time I moved away from the original sketch and did a square card. I had a major (I do tend to exaggerate a bit) disaster while doing this card. I originally had the die cut the squares in the same glitter card as I have used for matting and layering. Then I used the Collall photo glue to stick them on. I was working on the theory that it would enable me to move the squares around to get perfect alignment. Hmmm not my best idea the glue had a strange effect on the glitter card (and I didn't put that much on). It seeped through and made the glitter bubble up and then it dropped off !!! Not good at all!!!
So be warned ... Glitter card and Collall glue is not a good combination!
So on my second attempt, using a pink mirri card, I took no chances and used DST - the squares may not be straight but there's no bubbles.
Materials used:
- silver mirri card
- pink glitter card
- pink mirri card
- Wizard die cut letters
- snowflake punch
- pink gems from stash
7 comments:
Wow... what a great idea!
I love it!
Hugs Gisela
Thanks for the tip about glitter card. The card is beautiful even without the extra glitz. Great idea for the layout.
Beryl xx
Thats fab Ann... love the simplicity yet its stunning, you can't go wrong with silver and pink ;)
Elaine x
This is fab i love it, thanks for joining in the ABC challenge.
Well Anne your daughter was right, it DOES look fabulous in pink!
Stunning card Ann. Thanks for passing on the tip about the photo glue.
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
I just had to say......what a beautiful card!
Mrs Wonka x
Post a Comment