Sunday, 14 December 2008

Not for those of a nervous disposition...


It's my daughter's boyfriend's birthday today and guess who left making a card till this morning? Good job the challenge at http://www.daringcardmakers.blogspot.com/ is 'ten minute card' - well actually it's 'ten minute Christmas card', but hey they might let me off for not reading the instructions properly!!!
Over the last month or so Lee, daughter's boyfriend, has been obcessed with a dreadful scary game called Resident Evil and as our Wii machine is downstairs I have been exposed to seeing more zombies than is good for anyone's health. Lee's card just had to have at least one zombie on it!!
This was a really quick to make card. I found the image using google - added a greeting to it and printed it out on photo paper. Then a little bit of matt and layering on to suitable matching card stock and the job was done. Not sure whether it was under or over 10 minutes, but it was pretty close.
Now to wrap his pressie - heh heh - I have been teasing him that I don't know what to buy and would he like a rubber stamp?
Guess who is going to wrap one of mine up for him to open - his face will be a picture!!!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Clever idea Ann - and ideas for quick birthday cards are just as useful as ideas for quick Christmas ones!

Chrissie said...

I'm sure he's going to LOVE this Ann.
I wish I could see his face when he opens 'his' present too!

Cardmaking Galore said...

lovely card

Lisa Fulmer said...

funny! disturbing image ;-) but a great idea to tailor a quick card to his favorite thing!
btw, check out this new papercraft challenge site!

Lisa Fulmer said...

funny! disturbing image ;-) but a great idea to tailor a quick card to his favorite thing!
btw, check out this new papercraft challenge site!

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.