Thursday, 18 December 2008

White, white, white...

Yeah I found another cuttlebug challenge site!!! There I was looking at some cards on a friend's blog and I found she had created a card for the Cuttle Bug Spot at http://thecuttlebugspot.blogspot.com/ so off I went to investigate. Their challenge this week is use WHITE!! This is not as easy as it sounds although the sentiment can be in black and as the team designer's have used some black ribbon on their cards so have I.

My design uses the Happy Birthday embossing folder at the top of my card and Swiss Dots for the bottom half. I will always be grateful to my friend Irene for the tuition she gave me on how to do this double embossing easily. Thank you once again Irene - it is so easy once you know how!
The sentiment 'Party Girl' is from a set by Studio G.
The gem stones from the word happy are going to be removed (carefully) - I just don't think they belong - keep reminding me of two eyes and I really don't think the card needs them.

6 comments:

Elaine ♥ said...

Thats beautiful Ann.. I love its simplicity and crispness :)

Elaine x

Chrissie said...

Wonderful card Ann, so elegant!
Congratulations on your award, very well deserved too.

Nilda Rockenbach said...

Elegant... lovely card . thank you for participating. Look forward to having you do more in the coming year

The cuttlebug spot.

Irene said...

Ann

Your card is gorgeous, you have me blushing now!!

luv
irene
xxxx

Pam DeK said...

Hi Ann, How do you double emboss?
Thanks, Pam DeK

Pam DeK said...

pLEASE LET ME KNOW WHERE i CAN GO TO LEARN THE DOUBL;E EMBOSSING TECHNIQUE. THANKS,
darylpam@aol.com

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.