Yes, Chrissie and Irene you were right it is a ribbon box! I've seen them on people's blogs and for sale already full of ribbon and always thought they looked good. However, I never really had enough spools of ribbon to bother before. I usually buy my ribbon in lengths and not on a reel, but after the great sale at http://www.artymiss.co.uk/index.html and 20 spools of Dovecraft ribbon falling into my shopping basket I found I had enough to fill my box!I used a Japanese screw punch to put the holes down the alternate sides of the box as it was big enough to have two rows of ribbon. I found after threading the first row of spools of ribbon that we had a major design fault. There was enough space for the ribbon to roll back and come unthreaded!
It might have been okay when both rows were in place but I decided to take no chances and put a card support in as shown in the photo below to hold the ribbons in place.

Just got to decide how to decorate the box now.
3 comments:
What a clever cookie you are.
Bet you smile with satisfaction every time you look at it ... and quite rightly.
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Oh My Ann. That is totally fabby!
It puts my ribbons on a hanger to shame LOL
Carole x
Your box looks wonderful Ann!
I'm in a bit of a quandary about what to do with my ribbons, as most of them are lengths rather than on a reel. No matter what I try to do they always end up messy!
Post a Comment