Wednesday is the Be Inspired Challenge at http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/. This week the theme is distressing your work in any way you like. It may be sanding the embossing as I have done in my card or tearing or you might even want to stamp on your card. I've felt like that more than once in the past ! The choice is yours!For my card I used one of the folders from the Stitched Squares set to form a quilt like effect. Each square was cut out using my Nestibility die set and then embossed. I found that the squares tended to slip when put through the machine and after a couple of dud quilt pieces I tried out a small piece of tape on the rear of the embossing folder to hole the card in place. It worked a treat.
The heart images and flowers are from a set by

Elusive Images.
I painted them to match the DCWV card and as you can see in the photo I added foam squares to give some depth. I decoupaged the central flowers.
I hope you can see the subtle sparkle - after finishing the painting I added a touch of Sakura Clear Stardust using it scribbled on my acrylic block and then added with a wet brush like water colour paints.
I particularly wanted to create a quilt style card to match up with this wonderful sentiment stamp that I have used on the inside of my card....
I believe it's from a sheet of stamps from the company My Heart Stamps for You - a truly lovely sentiment.I do hope you will find time to join in the challenge this week and...
Do make sure you visit http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/ at the weekend as it is going to be a very exciting one - lots of inspiring projects, prizes and lurve around!!!
Check out the little poster in my sidebar for more information.
20 comments:
Love it Ann - Gorgeous. The squares are sensational - I think you might just have inspired me. I'll see if I have time this week. Had a stinking cold, cough and sore throat this last week so mojo at a low ebb. (lot = load of tears)
hugs Heather xx
A stunning card Ann and just perfect to go with that lovely sentiment, well done!
Wow, Ann, how cool is this! I didn't even know about the stitch folder! This card is just beautiful! Off to checkout the challenge....
blessings, Maria
Ann, this is soooo sweet! Love the 'quilt' effect and the colours and sparkle are so beautifully soft. Distressed to perfection too!
Hugs Mrs Jx
Cute quilt. Di you have fun with this distressing technique?? I sure did.
Very pretty card Ann, I love the pink and embossed stitching on the squares.
Stunning card, love the heart stamp and the embossing is superb.
A beautiful card Ann - i love the colours
Ann x
Ann, I’m lost for words……this is just stunning!
I have those stitch effect embossing folders and I’ve never quite known what to do with them.
Thanks for giving me the inspiration to give them another go.
Gorgeous card Ann. I love the sentiment and the quilt/embossing! Just fab on the distressing and touch of sparkle!
fab card, great colour combo
AllisonX
Beautiful card! Love the folders you used to give it a distressed look! Fabulous design!
WOW!!!!! this is stunning!
This is gorgeous Ann, so pretty and feminine.The quilt look is a fabulous idea and just enough distressing :)
Hugs
Carol x
Very pretty!!
Ann, this is such a sweet card, and perfect for those cuttlebug folers! I have them, and don't think I've ever used them. Thank you so much for showing a beautiful card with a gorgeous floral design!
Oh this is gorgeous, love those embossed squares and what a fabulous sentiment.
Gorgeous card Ann.
luv
irene
xxxx
Fantastic Ann ... and what a fabby sentiment stamp.
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Your card is fabulous, I love the design and the colors.
Post a Comment