Sunday, 4 January 2009

Spoil yourself again...


At http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/ this week the challenge was to use cuttlebug embossing folders and then sand the embossing to reveal the core of the cardstock. I used the 'tiny bubbles' folder as I thought it provided an appropriate background for this particular image.
My cardstock and matching papers are from DCWV and the blue card is textured with a white core. After checking out the work of the other talented bloggers who join in this challenge I have seen some amazing cardstock where the core is different colours. I believe it's called 'Black Magic' I must investigate further and maybe treat myself.
If I weren't 'all Christmassed out' I think I would have used this embossed and sanded blue card to do a snowman scene as the bubbles so remind me of snowballs.
Maybe next year!

8 comments:

Leanne said...

Your card is stunning - I love the theme and the colours are wonderful.
Leanne :o)
xx

Kath Stewart said...

fabulous card for the challenge Ann and I love your little bubble square...totally appropriate for your image...happy new year
Hugs
kath
xxxxx

Beryl said...

Gosh, you've been so busy this last few days. Puts me to shame. Love this cute image and the card is great.
Beryl xx

Lorraine A said...

Lovely card , the embossing looks fab, very bubbly :-)
Lorraine

Helen said...

Fab card! Love the embossing!
Helen x

Allison said...

lovely card, the embossing looks great
Thanks for joining us this week
Cuttlehugs
AllisonX

Shirley said...

How sweet and the layers and colors are perfect! Love the whole design~

Lyn S said...

So cute! Love your embossing!

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.