Monday, 16 February 2009

All that glitters...

may not be real gold, but it could well be gold glitter card! It's week 2 at the Pink Elephant Challenge and this week Tina has set us the challenge of using glitter and bling in our work. Oh what a hardship ? LOL!!!

I decided to use glitter card in Cuttlebug folders and had a wonderful time experimenting and checking out the different effects. If you haven't used glitter card in the Cuttlebug yet do try it out - great fun and stunning effects.


After a lot of playing I decided to use quite a subtle gold pearlescent glitter card in conjunction with one of the folders from the Cuttlebug Frills border set. It's one of my favourites from that collection.

Unfortunately it doesn't show up quite as well as it could do in the photo, but in reality it has a very softly sparkly look. Quite regal.






The stamp I used for the central image is a huge stamp called 'How do I love thee' by Stamps Happen Inc. I stamped the whole image on to cream card, overlayed this with vellum attached by brads and embellished with cream organza ribbon.
Then I stamped another layer of the rose on to cream card finally topping this with yet another layer of vellum with the rose stamped and embossed in gold.
Not the easiest card I've ever made !!!
I'd like to take this chance to say thank you to everyone who joined in last week's challenge at The Pink Elephant. We were overwhelmed by the number of people who entered and the amazing cards. There is such an enormous amount of talent out there - it never fails to amaze me.
Hope you will have chance to join in this week - do pop over here and have a look at the gorgeous samples by the rest of the design team. It would also be great if you came back to check out my other experiments with glitter card too. They will be appearing each day this week. Watch this space!!

10 comments:

Elaine ♥ said...

Beautiful card Ann... lovely and elegant :)

Elaine x

Max said...

Wow ... not a card for mass producing but boy oh boy ... it's well worth all that effort.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Ann Whitfield said...

Beautifully elegant card Ann
Ann x

ikki said...

Ann, Lovely elegent card, just the way I like them, ikki

Beryl said...

What a beautiful card. I love it. Those stamps, the vellum, the embossing. It's all brilliant.
Beryl xx

Sue said...

beautiful card, very classy card, sue.x

Beryl K said...

Absolutely stunning Ann
Beryl x

Unknown said...

Ann, all the detail here is stunning!!!! So classy!

Helen said...

Gorgeous! Very stylish!
Helen x

Allison said...

lovely and blingy
AllisonX

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.