Friday, 20 February 2009

Tiptoe through the Tulips...

A huge (A4 = 21cm x 30cm) card for my mum, who is 85 going on 6, for Mother's Day. I can't believe I'm so early with this card. There have been times in the past when I have got up early to make the card, wrap the present and then rush to her house to deliver them.

I'm not over keen on the card, but my mum will love it. She will love the size and the glitter and most of all the flowers.



Earlier this week I went to the Kanban outlet shop at Shipley and couldn't resist buying a bag of huge decoupage sheets that were on offer.

This floral decoupage with matching tag was one of the items in the bag as was the co-ordinating background and border. As the bag was only £3 for 50 (yes 50!) sheets of A3 card designs it was a fantastic bargain.






I used a glue pen and ultra fine glitter to add oomph to the flowers and butterflys on the card.
As the challenge at Tanda Stamps is Tiptoe through the Tulips I think my card with its bunch of tulips fits perfectly.
I'm also entering it for the challenge at Cute Card Thursday which is Signs of Spring. The bouquet of flowers if full of spring tulips and the gorgeous blue muscari that blooms at the same time.

12 comments:

Glitter Monkey said...

Oh this is just STUNNING! Wonderful 3d glittery elements! Thanks so much for joining in with CCT. Lol Lynn ♥

Irene said...

Ann, gorgeous, gorgeous gorgeous,
your Mum will love it.

Hurry up to visit me !!!!!!!!!

luv
iene
xxxx

AliMayes said...

I'm sure your Mum will absolutely love it!!!
Ali xx

Beryl K said...

Your mum is going to love this one Ann, it's beautiful. Got some good bargains there. I can't get Kanban stuff they don't deliver to the islands apparently
Beryl x

Max said...

Beautiful and just perfectly glitter-licious for your mum.
Can't believe the KanBan bargain you snaffled ... geeze Louise ... something about right time and right place springs to mind LOL! Watch out though ... you know how Irene lurrrrves decoupage.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Sue said...

aww what a beautiful card, luv all the glitter, your mum will luv it, sue.x

Ann Whitfield said...

It's gorgeous Ann and I'm sure that your mother will be thrilled with it
Ann x

Beryl said...

Great card for your Mum on Mother's day.She'll love it.
Beryl xx

jude said...

Ann what a beautiful stunning card .Love it!

akkina van steen said...

Wonderful 3d glittery elements, it's beautiful
HGreating from Belgium
Akkina xxx

LORi said...

WOW, Ann! This is so pretty!!

HUGS, LORi

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Wow Ann! This is such a pretty card - all soft and glittery, love it! Thanks for joining the Tanda Teaser this week!

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.