Saturday, 18 April 2009

One stamp - two cards...




This is the stamp used on the thank you card I made yesterday using the Perfect Pearls sent to me by Max.

I love this stamp by Magenta. I didn't do the black blodge on the top edge - for some reason the Magenta stamps I've bought never seem to have a good finish on the wood, but the designs are fabulous.

















Here's yesterday's card again using the stamp just as it is.



This is my new take on the stamp. I stamped the image quite a few times again dusting it with the Perfect Pearls, but this time I cut the vase out and used it to make a sort of pinwheel flower. Then I cut out the leaves and added those to the pinwheel finally adding one of the flowers to the centre and a pearl.


Hope you like it - have a fantastic weekend.

7 comments:

AliMayes said...

Two super cards! I love Magenta stamps too and what you have done with the second card is so clever! And the colours are gorgeous too.
Ali xx

Chrissie said...

That is so inventive... to use the vase as petals for the larger image. Brilliant idea, well done you! I love the stamp too!
Chrissie

Irene said...

Hello Ann

Your card is fabulous, and what a great idea using the stamp in a different way.

luv
irene
xxxx

Anne said...

Fantastic Ann, beautiful cards xx

Robin said...

This is amazing Ann!! I can't believe how clever you were to make that vase into petals, but it looks like it is intended to do that! Gorgeous!
And...my Magenta stamps are all unfinished wood stamps too. They always seem to get stained and yucky so easy compared to my other mounted stamps.
Have a great weekend Ann!

Max said...

OH MY GIDDY AUNT !!
As you know I love my card to bits ... but where on earth did you get the idea to use the vase as petals ?? Awesome!!
I TOLD you that you're cleverer than you think ... and I'm so lucky to have such an inspirational friend.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Beryl said...

It's certainly a fabulous stamp. I can see your going to get a lot of use out of it. Great cards.
Beryl xx

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.