Monday, 6 April 2009

Pink Elephant Challenge 9...

Yeah I used to hate Mondays but no more because it's Pink Elephant Day and that's got to be good. As I write this post and upload my card I'm singing 'chick chick chick chick chicken lay a little egg for me' so it's a good job nobody can hear me!!!

This week our challenge at the Pink Elephant is a recipe challenge. The ingredients to be used are rubber stamps, punches and embossing. Those ingredients sound like they may mix together to make some great cards - I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

My card uses a whole host of rubber stamps including a hen on a nest and lots of eggs from an Easter Set by Rubbadubbadoo and there's also a cute chick from a Woodware clear stamp set sneaking in on the act.

For punches I used an egg (oval?) punch to add some eggs to the nest and a tiny butterfly punch to add butterflies to the background.

My embossing was done using the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots - what would I do without that folder?

I can't take full credit for the design of this card as it is very, very similar to one that I was shown at a craft class many years ago. I guess it was time to try the card shape again and bring it more up to date.

To create my card I used a normal square card and cut half of the front away on the diagonal. Then I attached the piece I'd cut off to the rear of the front of the card. By only sticking the pieces together at the bottom edge and the side near the fold it meant that the top was able to be opened up to have that lovely tactile shredded paper pushed inside and left hanging to give a 'nestie' effect. Then I slipped lots of coloured eggs in to eggsaggerate the diagonal design.

Hope you like my card and will have chance to visit the Pink Elephant this week and maybe use our ingredients - I can't wait to see how everyone elses will turn out.

18 comments:

Susan said...

This is so cute and so clever. I hope you don't mind but I'm off to email a link to your blog to all my friends to show off this adorable card! I know they will want to see it. Thanks for creating it!

Lorraine A said...

This is just absolutely fabby !! Love this card ! The nest effect of the yellow paper is wonderful :-)
Wish you hadn't mentioned the song !! It's going round in my head now ha ha
Lorraine

Carol said...

This is fab Anne! I love the chick and all the eggs tumbling down :)and the mummy on the nest looks very proud!

Hugs
Carol x

Beryl K said...

Fabulous card Ann, I love it. So bright and cheerful and fun
Bery

Ann Whitfield said...

Stunning card Ann - in facr so stunning that I'll overlook the dreadful pun at the end of your post!! lol!
Ann x

SewSuzySew said...

This is Fab!
Such an unusual Card but it just shouts Easter lol!

Thanks for popping by and your lovely comments!

I might just have to play along again this week lol! You have such Inspiring Cards!

Hugs
Suze x

Irene said...

Ann you card is so cute and gorgeous.
luv
irene
xxxx

Robin said...

I love this card, Ann!! I think it is so cool how you tucked the Easter grass into the pocket you created. That is genius! It really looks like nesting material.
PS...I saw your post on Lori's blog and I just want to say that I am glad that Lori and I aren't the only ones who forgot stuff this week! lol

Max said...

What an "eggs"traordinarily clever card LOL!
Love it!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Anonymous said...

I adore this card. Beautiful and very creative.

~Lori Roop said...

Ann this simply adorable and cretaive!! Wonderful job!!

Anonymous said...

Thank-you so much for your comment, I love the challenges at the Pink Elephant... This card you created is just darling...
Hugs, Christina

Anonymous said...

I love this card..so very cute...I love the layout you used..very creative..may have to borrow this idea. Thanks for the comment. I love the Pink Elephant too.

Beryl said...

Top card and well done for using all those different stamps.
Beryl xx

Victoria said...

Love this card! Waaaay to cute!

AUsome mom said...

This is incredible!!! I LOVE this card!! So much work, but so worth it.

Heather said...

Fabulous card Ann. Love the colours, layout, the nest effect and eggs and chick. Inspired - is what I call it.
hugs Heather xx

Jess said...

Fabulous card! I was wondering how you attached the shredded bits. TFS!

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.