Thursday, 2 July 2009

ATCs...

I haven't done any ATCs for ages, but decided to join in with a swap on a forum I belong to. The theme was an open one, which believe it or not always makes it harder for me cause I spend 90% of my time trying to decide what to do.

In the end I found these gorgeous silhouettes printed on acetate in my bit box and decided to make use of them. The embossed card was also bits left from other projects too and it was really satisfying to use it up on these.

On the first ATC I used chalk on the plain white embossed card to create the background effect and attached the acetate image with tiny pieces of tape behind the darkest part of the image. The torn vellum was stamped with the word 'believe' and attached with a gem brad and more gems finished the ATC off.

On the second ATC I use the back of some already embossed red card which had a gorgeous earthy brown colour on the reverse - a sort of classy cardboard colour. Again the acetate was attached with tape and embellishments added. I used an ink pad to soften the edges. The black swirl was sent to me by a friend some time ago when before I got my Cricut machine (thank you Irene).

6 comments:

Irene said...

Wow Ann fantastic, the swirl looks good !!!

luv
irene
xxxx

Beryl K said...

They are just gorgeous Ann
Beryl x

dragonflyjoy said...

Ooooooooh! Ann, I love the way you have coloured the cuttlebug swirl pattern. It looks great and makes a very attractive background to a lovely silhouette image. I might have a go as I have the swirl folder.

love
Joyce xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Ann
These are really beautiful ATC's - I love the evening sky effect on the first one - you've captured it perfectly. Nice to see that you come from Yorkshire too - I live in West Yorkshire!
Love, Sylvia xx

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

Your ATC's are so beautiful Ann!! I just love the silhouettes! Wishing you a belated Happy Birthday...I'm so sorry I missed your special day. Sounds like you had a very happy & beautiful day!!
xoxo
Carol Anne

Anonymous said...

They are both fabulous ATCs Ann and I can tell you that the one on the left is even better in real life!
Ann x

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.