Tuesday, 14 July 2009

Floral decoupage...

This is a card for my friend's mum, who has been having a really bad time lately. She has had a melanoma removed from her face and a skin graft which has involved a lot of pain. As she is not a well woman anyway it's been and still is a lot to go through.

I'm hoping this will cheer her up - I certainly enjoyed making it and even made a box to protect my decoupage in the post. Think someone is getting a little carried away after their break!!

The layout is from the sketch at The Next Level where the challenge is to use the sketch, but also make a card with a decoupaged element on it. If you haven't heard about The Next Level yet you really must check it out. It's amazing - full of really interesting stuff - I love it.



15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your friends Mum will love this Ann and I'm sure she'll appreciate the effort that has gone into it.
Ann x

Beryl K said...

This is just stunning Ann, I'm sure it will cheer your Mum's friend up.
Beryl x

Irene said...

Fabulous card Ann love the layout, colours and decoupage.

luv
irene
xxxx

dragonflyjoy said...

Oh WOW Ann! What a fantastic card. I love decoupage and this is certainly a wonderful example of how it SHOULD be done. Congratulations. I'm sure your mum's friend will be delighted. Hope she will soon be feeling a lot better.

love

Joyce xx

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Ann, operations like this are hard enough when you are "well" but when you are not it certainly stakes the stuffing out of you. Your friend's Mum will be certainly cheered up with this lovely card. Glad to hear you had a good break in York and pleased to see you back and blogging. Kym xxx

Max said...

What a beautiful card Ann. Your decoupage is just spot on ... not sure I could've managed so many layers without losing patience... and a matching box too! WOW.
Hope your mum's friend doesn't have to go through too much more pain and suffering b ut I'm sure she'll appreciate the time and effort you have put into this card.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx.

Sheri Gilson said...

Ann~this is beautiful!!! I love the layout and the decoupaged flowers are amazing!

Alicia said...

Ann your decoupage is beautiful this will surely put a smile on your friends Mum face. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Dawn Wheeler said...

Beautiful card so pretty xxxx
Thank you so much for joining this weeks challenge over at
The Next Level.
Hugs Dawn+Annxxxx

Lynne in NI said...

Oh wow Ann your decoupaged flowers are stunning! Your mum's friend will be pleased

Anonymous said...

One of the most beautiful cards ever! You rocked this weeks challenge. Thanks so much for joining us this week...Abby:)

stephanne said...

Sorry to hear about your friends mum, but this will certainly lift her mood, it is gorgeous!! Hope you enjoyed your break ;)
Stephanne

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and the decoupage looks fabulous. Hugs Michele x

Anne said...

This card is beautiful Ann and I'm sure your Mum's friend will love it - I certainly do! xx

cats whiskers said...

What a stunning card this is love the wonderful flowers and the great colours, your Mums friend will be so pleased
Hugs Jacqui x

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.