Monday, 13 July 2009

yeah I'm back and...

it's Pink Elephant day!!!

I so missed blogging and looking at the amazing creations that we have entered at the Pink Elephant while I was away last week. I was in York and had a lovely stay, but it was really tough leaving all that fabulous new birthday craft stuff behind.
This week, at TPE, is our colour themed challenge. I always find this one a toughie, but I'm sure everyone will come up with some amazing creations. The colours this time are mid blue, dark blue and red - so we're going bold, bright and beautiful - well hopefully we are.
I used one of my favourite layouts and one that I have used with this set of MFT stamps before. I really wanted to see how the design worked in a different colour combination.
My original pink and brown version is here - I'm not sure which I like best, but I do like the Promarker colouring on the latest one. I can't seem to stop using those pens now I've finally got the hang of them.
My Favourite Things stamps are just wonderful - I love their images and really must treat myself to another set sometime soon. The sentiments that come with each set are just amazing. On this card I've used 'Rain or shine' stamped on the front and inside I've stamped 'I'll be your umbrella'. How cool is that? The umbrella is part of the set too.
So get out your red and blue papers everyone and join in the fun at the Pink Elephant - we would love to see your designs in this colour scheme.

15 comments:

Irene said...

Welcome back Ann with a fantastic and gorgeous card.

luv
irene
xxxx

camcraft said...

Oh Ann. I love this card. I loved your pink and brown one too, difficult choice, they are both just so pretty. Using the bold colours like you have proves I think how versatile these stamps can be. Never used these stamps before but have seen them around been used in the crafty world, maybe one day will have a go with them.
Carole x

Beryl K said...

Welcome back to blogland Ann. I love both of the cards, not heard of these stamps before. This image is fabby
Beryl x

dragonflyjoy said...

Welcome back Ann and with such an unusual card. It is lovely and the colours are just right to cheer up a rainy miserable day.

love
Joyce xx

Max said...

About blimmin' time you got back lady LOL!
Just jesting ;) ... missed ya'!

I like both versions of this card but the latest one is really eyecatching. Love the sentiment stamps ... makes a change from the norm.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

LORi said...

Hello Ann!! Your card is so pretty and fresh!! I am pleased you had a nice trip and that you returned to us at TPE safe and sound!! HUGS to you!!

Sheri Gilson said...

Ann, your card is adorable! I love that the Layout, MFT image, and you did a wonderful job coloring.

Anonymous said...

Good to have you back Ann and such a great card to come back with too!
ann x

Trudi said...

Welcome back Ann, it's nice to take a break every now and then. Love your card and that stamp set! I like seeing the insides of cards done too, something I need to challenge myself at.

Carol said...

Fabulous Ann! i love the image and the sentiment is perfect :)

Hugs
Carol x

StampOwl said...

fantastic card

Robin said...

Fantastic card Ann!! You definitely have the hang of those markers!! I am trying to learn how to use my Copics and it is slow going!! Takes lots of patience.
Welcome back...glad you enjoyed your vacation.

Christine said...

Wow! What a lovely card. I love the colors and your choice of using the boots for embellies. And then the inside; everything is perfect!

Blessings,
Christine

Anne said...

Welcome back! Your break certainly must have done you good. Such a pretty card xx

Chrissie said...

This is a great card, really vibrant, I love it!
Chrissie

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.