Wednesday, 26 August 2009

Birthday flowers...

I'm really busy at the moment doing more samples for Joanna Sheen, which is fantastic, but means that it's hard to fit in making cards for the weekly challenges that I so love to enter. I'm hoping that nobody will mind me entering the cards I made for last Sunday's show if they fit the challenge theme.

This is my favourite of all the Joanna Sheen Wild Flower samples I made. I love daffodils and the artist captured them so well for this stamp. The card is 8" x 8" and the inner stamped section has a pocket behind it for the gold mirri card tag.

I stamped the tag with the Irish Blessing verse which is a stamp by Clarity Stamps. Aren't those words just beautiful? The little flourish at the bottom of the verse is also a stamp, but at the moment I can't remember which clear set it was from.

As my card is a birthday card I'm entering for the challenge at Stamp Something where this week they are thinking about birthdays. Love their challenges and I haven't had chance to enter for a while. Mental note to self - 'I must get more organised!'

8 comments:

Irene said...

Morning Ann

Fabulous and stunning card. Love the sentiment.

Keep up the good work !!!!!

luv
irene
xxxx

Beryl K said...

Stunning, gorgeous, ab fab. Can you guess I love your card Ann. These stamps are definitely a must. Where does your bp come from cos that's great too
Beryl x

Chrissie said...

Such an elegant card Ann, I love the sentiment and it looks perfect with this LO.
As for getting more organised....I tell myself this about 6 times a day, unfortunately it just never seems to happen!

Torico said...

Gorgeous card, Ann. The gold paper is so beautiful and so effective.

torico XX

dragonflyjoy said...

Love everything about the card Ann especially the sentiment although the daffodils come a close second being the emblem of Wales:-)

Well done,

Love
Joyce xx

Annie said...

The backing paper is from DCWV Beryl - I think it was originally in the Spring stack, but it could be one of the others. As part of my organisation (lol who am I trying to kid) I have put all my greens together etc so they are not always a known source now.

Ann xxx

Sheri Gilson said...

Gorgeous card Ann!! Love how the gold pops and the adorable little pocket.

Christine said...

Gorgeous card Ann, I love the sentiment and the stamps are beautiful. You must be so proud to be on Joanna's design team.
Hugs
Christine xx

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.