Thursday, 27 August 2009

Floral Fantasy...

Guess what - yep another card using one of the flowers in the new stamp range, Favourite Flowers, by Joanna Sheen. This particular stamp gave me quite a headache at first, because for a little while I couldn't get my head round how to show it off well and do justice to the fabulous art work.

Then looking though my papers for inspiration I found a sheet of dreamy blue scrapbook paper with the word Daisy at the top and very subtle flower words all over - how lucky is that? I didn't even buy the paper if I remember rightly it was free with one of my Artymiss orders some time back and like a lot of things it just seemed too good to use - till now!

I stamped the daisies directly on to the patterned paper and then used my white inktensity pen to really make the flowers pop. I think I used Sakura Stardust green for the leaves and stems. I matte and layered the image on to white and then vellum before finally putting it on to a navy border. Looking at the card now I would quite like to have a navy tag too but ah well not to worry.

Luckily the challenge at Tanda Stamps this week is floral fantasy so it's an ideal challenge to link up with this card. Thank you for looking everyone and for leaving such fantastic comments - you are so kind.

13 comments:

Irene said...

Morning Ann

Beaufitul, and stunning.

luv
irene
xxxx

Heather said...

Hi Ann - it's me - I'm back!!
Well not exactly back - I'm in Germany now but back in blogland and visitng more often I hope.
Love the cards you've been doing recently and this one is gorgeous - the flowers are so beautiful and what a fabulous layout and papers - love it.
hugs Heather xx

Anne said...

Hi Ann, gorgeous card, these stamps are fab. Hugs x

Max said...

Well I didn't guess that this was one of yours Ann but do remember that Joanna commented about how she liked the way the daisies had been coloured with white pen to make them 'pop' ... think I hit the mute button not long after that 'cos the whittering was giving me a headache LOL!
I got those papers free with an order from Artymiss too and have only used one sheet so far, in my parents memory album almost 2 years ago!!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

This is beautiful, love the soft dreamy look of the card. Thanks for joining the Tanda Teaser this week!

Chrissie said...

Ooooh Ann, I really LOVE the clean, unfussy look of this (just my style....elegant LOL ROFL!!!)
Seriously I think this one may go in my all time fave 'hall of fame'.

Rita said...

Ann, I do love daisies, and this is a lovely card. Hugs Rita xx

sue law said...

Lovely subtle colours Ann, and pretty stamp! Thanks for joining in with the Tanda Teaser this week!
Sue
x

Beryl K said...

Just stunning Ann, I love it
Beryl x

Sheri Gilson said...

Very pretty Ann!! Love how you samped on the DP!

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

Hi Ann...I've been away for a little while and I'm catching up with my favorite blogs. I've missed visiting yours and seeing all the stunning cards that you always create! This card is so beautiful, love the softness of it. The papers and the daisies are really gorgeous!!
xoxo
Carol Anne

Chrissie said...

This is lovely Ann. As my granddaughter is called Daisy, I'm a sucker for any image with DAISY connections. This one is fab and your card is wonderful!
Chrissie

Zoechaos said...

Never visited before Ann so glad to have found your great blog and this smashing card. love those daisys.

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.