Monday, 17 August 2009

Pink Elephant Summer Challenge

Yes this week at The Pink Elephant we are celebrating 'Summer' ! I know we don't seem to have really had one yet properly in England this year, but we can always pretend and in any case I have loads of happy memories of being on the beach at Great Yarmouth in the rain making sandcastles. No offence to Great Yarmouth it was probably raining everywhere else in England too.

My Summer card has a cute Cuddly Buddly stamped image for the focal point. I coloured the image with Promarkers and then realised that none of my pinks matched the paper I had chosen to take to Irene's with me. Yes this was made at Irene's and she encouraged me to use her pearls, which I really like as an addition.

Due to the non matching colours I decided to do some paper piecing - hmmmmmmm make mental note at this point to never ever paper piece images that have loads of detail. It took many layers to get the right finish on this card, but I do like the end result.

The shells are from a stamp set by Pink Cat Studio.

12 comments:

Anne said...

Gorgeous card Ann. Hope you're enjoying your time with Irene xx

Rita said...

Love this card Ann, the colours and the image are just perfect. Hope you had a nice time with Irene. Hugs Rita xxx

Sheri Gilson said...

Wonderful card Ann!! Love the colors and that adorable image. Great job!!

dragonflyjoy said...

Oh Ann, it's gorgeous. I love the seaside theme and it all looks great. So glad you enjoyed your visit to Irene.
Love the shells and seeing them reminds me I have some somewhere, it's just a matter of finding them.

Nice to have you back although I'm sure you'd still rather be with Irene enjoying yourselves:-)

Take care
love
Joyce xx

Irene said...

Gogeous card, and it's fabby is real life.

So glad you used the pearls.

luv
irene
xxxx

Pink Dandelion said...

Beautiful card, the paper piecing is great you must be very patient.
Debs x

Elaine ♥ said...

This definitely reminds me of Summer Ann! I love your chosen image and the paper piecing is fabulous, it all co-ordinates beautifully, gorgeous shell stamps too :)

Elaine x

debby4000 said...

Adorable card, fabulous cute image and love the colours.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Ann and I love the result of your paper piecing - love this image too
Ann x

Max said...

We haven't seen much of a summer north of the border either and the kids are back to school tomorrow.
Brilliant card ... and your paper piecing is fabby ... I even enlarged the piccy and couldn't see the joins ;) A+ for you on this one.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Robin said...

great card Ann! That image is so cute!!

stephanne said...

Oh to be near the sea once again!! This little lady is having enough fun for the both of us though!! Love the end result of your piecing labours, and great seashells, what a great idea to add pearls!!
Stephanne

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.