Wednesday, 16 September 2009

A favourite embellishment...

The challenge at Stamp Something this week is to use your favourite embellishment on a card. Hmmmmmmmmm, I would be lost without organza ribbon and gem stones so I decided to show this 8" x 8" Christmas card made with the new Messy Rabbit Christmas stamps by Joanna Sheen.

I wanted the Messy Rabbit scene to be the focal part of the card, but to add interest and lead the eye in I added an embossed border with organza ribbon round it to the lower part of the card. I tied a couple of extra lengths of ribbon around the first knot in the ribbon to give it more oomph and then added a die cut snowflake (another of my favourite embellishments - I have quite a few) and a diamond gemstone.

The card is really glitzy (and hard to take photos of) as I used silver mirri card embossed with Merry Christmas in cerise and matching plain cerise mirri board for the matting and layering.


The central image of Messy with a snowman was coloured with Promarkers and then cut out and matted onto the black card. The tree is a stamp by Art Impressions and was done in the same way. The fence is a Magnolia stamp, which means that this card also qualifies for this week's Magnolia challenge - embossing.

Check out the happy accident - when reaching for my glue pen to use to adhere the glitter I picked up a white Sakura Glaze pen by accident - oooooooooh the snow was far snowier using that!! Will be using it again in the future.

Thanks in advance for any comments (preferably nice ones!).

Ann xxx

8 comments:

Heather said...

Just fabulous Ann - love everything about this one, that Messy Rabbit is is one cute guy (gosh I'm picking up USA terminology - better stop blog hopping in the US of A).
You really are brilliant at having 'Happy Accidents' aren't you?
hugs Heather xx

Irene said...

Morning Ann

Fantastic card, I love it especially the tree !!!

luv
irene
xxxx

Chrissie said...

Just gorgeous Ann, I love that printed foil with this, it makes it look so elegant!

Torico said...

Wow Ann! What a fantastic scene you have made. I just love it!

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous card Ann!! I just love how you build the scene!! I would be lost without my ribbon & bling too!! :D

Anne said...

Fantastic card Ann. Hugs x

Beryl said...

Wow, just fancy having that on the mantlepiece at Christmas. Talk about focal points - it's amazing Ann.
Beryl xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Ann - stunning card - you seem to be drawn into the picture, and almost feel as if you could walk into the scene. Beautiful!
Sylvia x

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.