Tuesday, 6 October 2009

Fancy Folding...

I absolutely love shutter cards - eversince I received a gorgeous one on my birthday (thank you Max - still treasuring it) I have been fascinated by them. I really thought they would be hard to do, but no they are really easy peasy and just so much fun to decorate.

This is a new baby card I made using one of the Lofty stamps from the Lofty Celebrations set by Joanna Sheen. As well as the main character in the set you get the little teddy, some sentiments and the oh so cute teething ring. All perfect for using on a shutter card as it gives you extra bits to fill the spaces.

As well as the stamps I used punched hearts in three sizes and the 'It's a boy' sentiment was cut on my Cricut machine.

The verse on the middle panel is a gorgeous quote stamp from a set by Cloud Nine design - such amazing words...

'The birth of your baby, a gift from above, will bring JOY to your life when showered with LOVE'.

My card to celebrate the birth of a new baby is for the challenge at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge and for the challenge of 'folding up' at Daring Card Makers.

Have a great day everyone. Think I'm in the mood for making a Halloween card today, but maybe I should be thinking along the line of flowers and birthdays seeing as my Mum's birthday is only a week away!!

19 comments:

Mandi said...

SUPER card! Ive not tried this style before, never say never I guess LOL

mandi xx

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

fabulous

thanks for joining us in our blogoversary week on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Lythan said...

that card just looks so great. I lve the way you have decorated it. Thanks for being Daring this week :)

Sandra said...

Wow Ann this card is gorgeous! I really must have a go at a shutter card. Am always is awe of them.
Hugs
Sandra x

Beryl K said...

Ann this is just gorgeous,the Lofty stamps look great. Love this fold look, but have never tried one myself yet
Beryl x

Kathy said...

What a fab card. Everything about this is perfect, thanks for joining us on The Daring Cardmakers this week

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, love the giraffe. I thought these would be difficult to make but they're quite easy to do.
luv
Debby

Irene said...

Hello Ann

Wow another fantastic, gorgeous card and fabulously coloured in.

luv
irene
xxxx

Cathy said...

Beautiful card and gorgeous giraffe.
Thank you for joining in the SCSC this week.
Cathy xx

Beryl said...

Fab card Ann. I'm not convinced it's easy peasy though.
Beryl xx

PetraB said...

This is a tryly amazing card, the folding,the colour and the composition. I haven't used this technique yet, seeing your creation I feel very much tempted ..... Petra.x

Fab said...

Hi Ann, you've won my Christmas Blog Candy, please follow my name above to my profile on blogger and look on the left for my email (email link) send me your address so I can send you the blog candy ! Well done ! I just posted about it on my Fab's Big Christmas Cards Challenge blog !

camcraft said...

Well done Ann :-)
As you know I had a go at making one after seeing Max's goregous creations :-) I too thought they would be difficult - so pleased I got over my fear and had a go. Your finished card Ann is truly goregous!
I urge others that have not yet tried a Tri-Shutter card to have a go - you will be surprized at how fairly easy they are.
Carole x

Donna said...

Fantastic card anne, lovely papers and fab image you have used! Thanks for playing along with this weeks birthday celebrations at SCSC :) Donna x

Lynda said...

Gorgeous card and wonderfully decorated. Thanks for joining in with DCM this week.

Lynda xxx

Sheri Gilson said...

Darling card Ann!! It is so sweet!! I really need to try one of these as they look so fun!!

Donnas Den said...

Again, a lovely card, Ann

Donna

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card - love the style and its so cute. :)

Vanessa.

Jill said...

beautiful card Ann, love the shape and style thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.