Ahh not two love birds, but two owls madly in love! This is another of the stamps from the Hoot collection by Joanna Sheen. How sweet are they? Sorry about the reflection on the acetate - it's not a monster creeping up on the pair it's my fingers holding the camera!Qu
ite hard to describe this card in words so maybe I ought to let the pictures tell the story rather than me ramble on for ages.The owls were coloured with Promarkers and then cut out and attached to acetate which I then fastened behind a heart shaped apperture cut in a brown Papermania scalloped edge square card.
I cut a matching apperture in spare card and attached this to the rear of the apperture so that there would be a neat finish inside.
The background for the owls is one of the sheets from Joanna Sheen's Hoot backing paper pad. I thought it would be something different to have the owls in a clear heart shaped space but with a scene behind them too forming the front of the card.
My card is for the challenge at Stamp with Fun where the theme is clear foil (acetate?) and also for the challenge 'Celebrate' at Creative Card Crew Challenges and the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
19 comments:
Morning Ann
This is just stunning, gorgeous and a fantastic idea. Love it.
luv
irene
xxxx
Fabulous card, and a gorgeous image.
Thank you for joining in the SCSC this week.
Cathy xx
Oh this is adorable, love how you've used the acetate.
luv
Debby
Wow!! It's great idea Ann! Wonderful card.
torico XX
Wonderful card, Ann. I've just got some of these stamps in my shop but not on there yet.
Lovely,
Donna
Hello Ann. Another beautiful card from you. Such a lot of hard work has gone into it and, as usual, perfection.
After spilling glue over two cards yesterday I feel like giving up. I think I will give the cards a rest and as it is such a beautiful day will go and potter in the garden. Have already been out shopping so don't feel guilty at not doing much.
love
Joyce xx
Beautiful card Ann!! Love the scallops and sweet little owls!!
Oh Ann - the more I see these owls the more I think I must have some. Haven't seen a show with them on so have to rely on your examples - and lovely they are too.
Beryl xx
fabulous
thanks for joining us in our blogoversary week on SCSC :)
Hugs Jane x
Lovely card for our birthday celebrations this week :) thank you so much for playing along with us at SCSC :) Donna x
Hi Ann, this is wonderful - love those owls and I am so glad that the big, bad finger monster wasn't really after them! Jo x
Hi Ann, this is just gorgeous. I love it
Beryl x
beautiful card Ann, Lovw the image thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx
Your card is so gorgeous! Love the cute image! Great work!
Hugs
Sabine
Wonderful card, those owls and so cute and look great in the heart aperture.
Thanks for playing along at CCC this week.
Sam x
Love this Ann - and I think your fingers add a 'certain something'! (It actually reminds me of a couple of pictures we bought a couple of years ago and haven't got put up yet)
Ann x
Hi Ann, your card is really gorgeous.
Thanks for joining us this week at SWF.
Hugs Mona
Stunning card Ann, so adorable. Thanks for joining in the CCc Challenge.Donna x
All your cards are lovely but this is so COOL - what a fab idea, and so well done!
Post a Comment