Wednesday, 21 October 2009

When Santa got stuck up the chimney!!

Well yesterday's card saw Messy Rabbit with his reindeer suit on getting in a tangle with his Christmas lights. Today sees him getting into more sticky (or perhaps I should say sooty) situations in his Santa suit.

This is a large 8" x 8" card - it had to be to get the chimney big enough to be able to slide the Messy Santa inside.























I drew the template for the chimney and rooftop myself and just played around wasting card like crazy until I got it looking right!

I made the brick pattern on the chimney and wall part using my Scor-pal.

The snow scalloped edge was cut on my Cricut and then I added the stamped lights one by one. Yep, this card took ages - fun though!

The lights, 'Ho ho ho' sentiment and Messy himself are all part of the Messy Rabbit Christmas set. I used my Promarkers to colour Messy and the other stamped elements.

My card is for the challenge at Creative Card Crew where this week they are focussing on cards for babies or children.

10 comments:

camcraft said...

Oh Ann .. your card is so, so amazing. Every attention to detail as usual! You are such a talented lady!
Carole x

Chrissie said...

This is a cute one Ann. It is a whopper isn't it!
Chrissie

Beryl K said...

Ann this is absolutely gorgeous. I don't know where you get your brilliant ideas, but wouldn't mind having a trip there lol
Beryl x

Max said...

Brilliant - this is a really fun card for a child who will have a great time popping scruffy bunny in and out of the chimney.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
PS: Thanks for the acetate advice - very much appreciated.

Max said...

Oh ... and love the new Autumn look!

Chrissie said...

What a bobby dazzler Ann!! It's great to see that you're having such fun with Messy.
My new ScorPal arrived today, I didn't get on very well with the metric one, so now I've got both LOL!

Anonymous said...

Oh I do love this Ann, you can rest assured that whoever receives it will give it pride of place
Ann x

dragonflyjoy said...

Oh WOW! I love this card Ann. I can see a lot of work went into it (well it goes into all your cards) but the detail is so precise (as usual :-) Very cheerful and definitely a winner.
Afraid mine are getting more basic by the day but it is lovely to see all the beautiful cards you "blog" ladies have been making. Keep them coming!

love

Joyce xx

P.S. Max, never mind the kids having a great time popping messy rabbit in and out of the chimney, I think I would as well!!!!

Beryl said...

I don't know how you think them up. You are so talented. This is such a great card.
Beryl xx

Sheri Gilson said...

Ann, this is ADORABLE!! I love how you created the little chimney!! The light border is too cute!!

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.