So hard to get a decent photo when using mirri card, but in real life it is such a brilliant backing for images on cards and I particularly wanted to use it to form the background for these punched squares.
I used the squares to form a border down each side of the gatefold card and to add to the opulence of the mirri card I added pearls to the centre of each punched motive. I must admit I toyed with the idea of adding a pearl in each corner of each square, but when I totted up how many this would need I decided to be a cheapskate after all!!In the middle of the gatefold is one of Joanna Sheen's fantastic Favourite Flowers rubber stamps. Just beautiful each and everyone one of those. This one is the freesias stamp and is one of my Auntie's favourites so I can see this being used when her birthday comes round again next year.
The gatefold opens up to reveal a birthday sentiment from Hallmark Card Studio - a great programme for verses and such a bargain if you buy it using the Tesco clubcard offer (only £7.50).
Materials used:- white pearlescent base card - joined to create 8" x 8" gatefold card
- gold mirri card
- Papermania punch
- pearls, border peel offs and circle punch to do corners from stash
- Hallmark Deluxe Card Studio - to create verse for inner
- Fun with shapes and more - borders and frames
- Daring Card Makers - Get punchy and use your latest craft punch
12 comments:
Morning Ann
Your card is so beautiful, elegant and breathtaking, just gorgeous. What you do with punches is awesome - you are the punch queen !!!!
Love the mirri card and layout.
Just perfect - I guess you know I LOVE this card.
luv
irene
xxxx
Wow. Ann. Totally gorgeous! Very elegant indeed. You really are the queen of Mirror card! Not heard of the Hallmark card studio programme before. Will investigate :-)
Carole
What a stunner Ann!!
I agree about the miri card, but I always manage to mark it no matter how careful I try to be (well you know what a klutz I am!)
Have fun at the NEC, wish I was there!
this is stunning ann!! absolutely elegant
thanks for joining us at stampavie & more
xoxo BA
Stunning card Ann, love how you used the punches and the flower stamp is gorgeous. I have an old version of Hallmark, so will check out the offer.
Love & Hugs
Christine xxx
Hello Ann,
What a lovely fresh looking card. Certainly brightens up these grey dull days. Freesias are one of my favourite flowers (had them in my bouquet when I got married) I agree that the mirri card makes a great backing especially when using punches. I'm sure Auntie will be thrilled with it.
love
Joyce xx
P.S. Friend Ann across the road has just bought the Hallmark CD and says it is great. Might take a look when we are at Tesco on Tues next.
Very elegant looking card Ann!! Love the gate fold and your punch art!!
A very elegant and beautiful card. Love the punched detail. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers this week.
Lynda xxx
This is just so luxurious Ann, it must have taken a while to create as well. Stunning. Hugs Rita xx
Fabulous card Ann - just perfect. Tess x
OK Ann you to need to 'Fess Up'.
How come you keep producing such beautifully elegant cards - and where oh where do your fabby ideas come from? HUH?? I suspect that all the weight you've lost has done something to the creativity corner of your brain and it's now gone into overload. Have a choccy biccie and slow it down LOL!
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Fabulous card! i love the flower!!
Thanks for joining us at Fun with shapes and more!
hugs conni
Post a Comment