Wednesday, 4 November 2009

So Many Scallops...

As Laura and all the other nurses at the Care Home she works at are being made redundant she has asked me to make her a few cards with 'Good Luck' and if possible a nursing theme. This is the first of a batch of three and I must make one for Laura too or I will be in big trouble.

Luckily both the girl this card is for and Laura have got new jobs so my card is also one to say 'Congratulations'.

The cardbase is a large scalloped edged white circle folded in half. Then it has straight edged smaller circles matted over the top. To echo the dotty DCWV paper I added gems to the scalloped edge.

The image was stamped on to an oval shape and then matted on to a scalloped oval.

Materials used:
  • Woodware clear stamp set
  • DCWV paper
  • dard blue card
  • Promarkers
  • tag cut using cuttlebug die
  • gems, peel off sentiment and organza ribbon from stash
  • oval nesties
Challenges:
Just realised that not very long ago one of the sample cards I made for Joanna Sheen using one of the Lofty Celebrations rubber stamp sets had a similar layout and papers to my nurse card.
I really love these large scalloped circles that can be folded in half to form a card. I have tried to cut them on my Cricut, but it doesn't work the scallops become too large. The ones I've used so far have been bought in a set at Whichcraft in Doncaster. I have seen some gorgeous Magnolia themed cards on show there using these circles.

oooooooooooooooooooooooh only two more sleeps now to the NEC - don't think I will be able to sleep tonight I am so excited.

Have a great day everyone.

Ann xxx

13 comments:

Irene said...

Hello Ann

Love the fabby photo, its fantstic.
You had me guessing who this Ann is !!!!!

Your cards are gorgeous, fantastic, love the scalloped circle, and the images are so cute.

Thanks for your lovely comment. Yes, please have a look at the challange.

Perfection.

luv
irene
xxxx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning Ann, so many gorgeous cards hunny since my last visit, loving the latest ones, unusual shapes and very appealing! hugs Linda x

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

What a unique design!! Lovely colours and image and perfect little tag! Thanks for joining this week's Kraftin' Kimmie challenge!

Sheri Gilson said...

Darling cards!! I love the card shape!!

dragonflyjoy said...

Hi Ann,

Loved the scalloped nurse card. It really is so eye catching. Shame it is for people who have been made redundant but I'm pleased Laura and another girl have jobs to go to. Terrible time for the others losing their jobs just before Christmas. Do hope they find something quickly.


love and hugs

Joyce xx

made by fifi said...

brill cards - love them - thank you for joining in MTTC challenge this week - have fun at the NEC - leave some stuff for me on saturday!! x

Daniele said...

really like the scalloped card bit different from the norm have fun at the NEC thanks for playing at MTTC HUgs x

Anonymous said...

Great cards Ann. Love old Lofty! tess x

Lesley said...

Cute cards, love the images. Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

Chrissie said...

Great cards, beautifully coloured.Thanks for joining in with the MTTC challenge this week.

Betty Boo! said...

These are soo cute Ann! I love your profile pic BTW, but you knew I would!

Betty

Max said...

These cards are wonderfully different Ann - a real eyecatcher design.
Unbelievable that all those nurses are to be redundant but well done to Laura and her friend have found new jobs already. No mean feat in the current economic climate.
Oh how I WISH I was going to NEC ... sigh ... maybe next year hahahahahaha!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Victoria said...

these are gorgeous, such fun images. Like how you've used them on your recent cards too.

Hope you enjoyed the NEC - I missed it this time as on holiday - roll on March!

Great to see you at Creative Card Crew this week

Victoria
x

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.