Friday, 12 November 2010

Oh Baby...

Yeah, this week I'm one of the Guest Designers at the Raise the Bar Challenge and the theme is the fun title 'oh baby'.  New Baby, Christening or maybe baby's first Christmas were all ideas that came to mind, but as I had bought the full sheet of LOTV stamps that features this cute baby at the NEC last week I decided to do a new baby card for a boy.  Already got a couple of baby girl cards in my box so now I'm covered for all eventualities - well maybe not twins!
As I was putting the card together I was thinking about how fab the Cuttlebug embossing folders that feature words are and how it's such a shame that so many of the words get covered up when we add our images and other papers and embellishments.  This line of thought got me thinking about cutting the image out and mounting it on the embossing, but that wasn't quite the look I wanted.  After quite a bit of head scratching it dawned on me that if I mounted the image on acetate and then framed the acetate in the blue card the embossed writing would still be visible and the frame would mean that there was still an eye catching focal point.
As you can see in the close up picture although the frame covers some of the words you can still see enough of the writing to get a sense of the meaning.  I think I'm going to give this a try out with some of my other word folders as I really like the effect.  The frame was made using a Spellbinder die.
My baby card is also for the challenges at...
Have a fab Friday everyone and do pop back later as it's Bah! Humbug! day too so I'll be adding my latest Christmas card.
Ann xxx

4 comments:

Lynne said...

Love this LOTV image he is so cute. Beautiful card thank you for joining us over at Anything Goes. Love Lynne xx

Max said...

YIKES! How about that for a lightbulb moment?
G-O-R-J-U-S-S ... just GORJUSS!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Irene said...

Hello Ann

Stunning, gorgeous and just perfect.

irene
xxxx

Cathy Spicer said...

Lovely card - great details. Thanks for playing at OSC. The way you framed the baby image is SUPERB!

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.