Can't believe I'm still working on sorting out my craftroom. So determined to kick things into shape, but today has been a real toughie as I'm transferring ribbon from coat hanger storage that just took up so much space on to cards that I can keep in a drawer. Rapidly loosing the will to live and still all the red, gold and silver ribbon to sort out. Eek!!
How lovely will it be to open this drawer to find the right coloured ribbon. It may even mean that I break away from my addiction to using white, black or cream all the time.
Ann xxxPS: Just a little foot note - Susan commented...
'How do you keep your ribbon from creasing when you fold it like that ? l bought some in a packet last week and on opening it, the ribbon was creased at every fold ?'
Susan I don't worry about the creases in my ribbon anymore. One of my Christmas presents was a really tiny mini hair straightener and it is just amazing for straightening ribbon in seconds. Best craft gadget ever.
Rita said ...
' it must have been quite a job.'
It certainly was and is - ran out of paper clips around 5 o'clock yesterday. The pack of 200 I bought wasn't enough. Eeeek can you believe that?
Rita said ...
' it must have been quite a job.'
It certainly was and is - ran out of paper clips around 5 o'clock yesterday. The pack of 200 I bought wasn't enough. Eeeek can you believe that?


11 comments:
Oh Ann, you are good!! your new ribbon storage looks fab - if you get bored when you've finished you can come and do mine lol
claire xx
Hi Ann,
You so make me laugh ! Your draw looks fabulous ! l am sure it took ages to re-arrange, well done !
How do you keep your ribbon from creasing when you fold it like that ? l bought some in a packet last week and on opening it, the ribbon was creased at every fold ?
Hope you and yours are all well, have a lovely afternoon ..
Hugs
susan xxx
Your post made me smile because I seem to spend more time tidying my craft bits up than actually crafting. I recognise the satisfaction of making everyhing neat and tidy and promising yourself not to let it get messed up in the future- but with me unfortunately it doesnt last....hope you can keep it up! From Linda - the Untidy Perfectionist.
Hi Ann!! Way to go...love the new storage system!!
I have just taken my ribbon off cards, and put onto a hanger lol...mine being a pink version of your's by looks of it. Your storage does look lovely and neat. Hugs lin
Evening Ann,
We had an amazing time thanks, Amanda had a ' Meet and Greet ' with justin bieber ! heheeh, she's still walking around like a zombie hehe..
Thank you so much for the great idea ! l never thought about that..l will give that a go !
Hugs
susan x
Ooh this looks fab, must have taken ages. Ha Ha my ribbon storage is a carrier bag hooked over a chair. A right muddle, I use a hair straightener too, brilliant for ribbons. Debs xx
How tidy is that drawer. I reckon you should give yourself a pat on the back for that Ann, it must have been quite a job. Hugs Rita xx
Oooo ...'eckythump. That is indeed a huge improvement and you get gold stars for being so meticulous. Am sure I would've given up after just the THOUGHT of sorting that lot out lol! I too use hair straighteners to smooth ribbon but haven't yet treated myself to mini ones.
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT
Ann, you are my hero! You win the prize for most dedicated organizer. (You would pass out if you saw my ribbon. It is a big ol' mess. Which could be why I rarely use ribbon! hehehe. Yours looks like a zillion bucks. What a treat it will be to look through it now. And what an ingenious idea to use a mini hair straightener on ribbon! Happy Sunday!
Looks fabulosu Ann....think I need to sort mine too, just all thrown in a draw!!
Thank you so much for your congratulations on our baby news.
Hugs Emma x
Post a Comment