Thinking about how much broken jewelry I have used on cards this week it will probably come as no surprise to you all that our new theme at Bah! Humbug! is Recycling! There are just so many things that can be reclaimed and used on cards or perhaps recycling to you means reclaiming something old and giving it a new lease of life. As I had already worked on a couple of cards with recycled items on them I decided to go on a hunt for something to revamp.
I was over the moon to find this black material jewelry box in our local Help the Aged shop. At 99p I think I got an absolute bargain with the thrown in pleasure of helping a charity at the same time.
As it's quite a small container I knew it wouldn't be big enough to store all my selection of brads, but thought it would be perfect to store my Christmas themed ones. I'm still working on finding a storage place for each and every item in my craft room. It's marathon, but I guess it will be worth it in the end.
As the box is covered in a black woven fabric I didn't want to start using any type of glue that might soak into the material and spoil it so I decided to use gold holographic sticky backed plastic with a Cuttlebug die of a Christmas street scene. I cut the strip of houses three times and linked them together around the base of the box. Sadly Mickey Mouse on his sleigh (from the same die) wouldn't fit so I had to be content with just the moon in the sky.
This is the inside of the box complete with brads.
As you can see in the next photo the top section lifts out to reveal more space below. Just enough space to fit everything in and maybe now they are all in one place I'll use them more instead of always reaching for either a plain gold or silver circular brad each time.
Hope you'll have time to join us at Bah! Humbug! this week. I can't wait to see what items are given a new lease of life or find their way on to cards.
If you do join us this week you might want to join this challenge at Creative Craft Challenges where they are also thinking about recycling.
My altered jewelry/brad container is also for the challenges at..
- Charismas Cardz Challenge - No cards allowed.
- Divas by Design - Anything Goes
- Craft your Passion - Anything Goes
Enjoy your weekend everyone.
Ann xxx




11 comments:
oh wow !! this is fabulous Ann !! I am just about to start a tidy/clear up of my room and am desperate for storage solutions so I will put my thinking cap on and make something too :-)
So sorry I have been awol these past few weeks, kids exams and trip to UK put me behind and was struggling to keep up with DT stuff too :-)
luv
Lols x x x
This is a fabulous idea Ann - at first sight it looks like you have cut the image out of cork rather than holographic, but I just love this idea. Will be on the hunt in my local charity shops now (not that I'm not already.........)
Hugs.
Karen x
Hi Ann,
What a Fabulous project, great recycling idea and the bonus of helping a charity too. Looks Just gorgeous and such a pretty storage solution. Thanks for joining us at Divas By Design and Good Luck.
Hugs Jacqui xxxx
OOOh Ann, so so pretty! I love little containers like that and the fact that it's fabric makes it very lush. Great idea using the sticky back instead of risking ruining it. I recognized the scene immeditely. No room for Mickey Santa on the top? Beautiful in any case. xxD
Hi Ann what a super item and for 99pence . It looks great and a good place to store your brads. Hugs x ChrisB
Once again you've blown me away with your fantastic challenge project and undoubtedly provided wonderful inspiration to everyone. Can't wait to see what ideas you've sparked this week.
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT
what a fab creation! thanks for entering our No Cards challenge this week at Charisma! Gemma :)
What a great idea Ann ! and very useful too !
Hugs
susan x
Hi Ann, this is a fab idea - love it. Also very impressed with your scrapping - something I have been thinking about but have done nothing about it!
I have left something for you on my blog, hope you will accept it!
ikki x
Oh wow this is fantastic it will be a pleasue now to look through your brads thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenge.
Jenny x
Hi Ann, what an inventive idea, would never think of doing something like that myself. And helping out a charity as well. Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this time. Sarah
Post a Comment