Wednesday, 4 May 2011

Happy Birthday Laura...

Yep today is the day and I've finally finished both cards and wrapping.  I made this gift bag/pocket to hold some little surprises for her.  The idea and instructions came from one of last year's card making magazines and it was very easy to do.  The only problem being that it needs a whole sheet of 12" x 12" double sided paper so it's quite an extravagant little bag really.  Cute though - well I think so!
The stamp is a Penny Black which I've coloured with Promarkers.  I've loved all the cards by Lorraine at Lorraine's Loft recently where she has edged the image with ink and Stardust Stickles so I thought I would have a go too.  I used chalk and the only Stickles I have which is Icicles and I think it worked reasonably well for a first attempt.  Lorraine's are scrumptious though so do check out the link if you have time.
Additional materials:
  • Sei 12" x 12" double sided paper
  • Nellie Snellen scalloped edge die and nestie
  • shredded paper and tissue for wrapping gifts
Challenges:
Have a great day everyone whether you are celebrating or not.  It's my last day before heading back to work sigh.  It has been so nice to be able to fit some 'playtime' in.
Ann xxx

20 comments:

Claire said...

OOH Ann, how lovely! The colours are gorgeous and that is such a clever fold! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's and good luck
Claire xx

Louise said...

Hi and what a great idea just love your little basket and beautifully done,thanks for joining us at Penny Black at Allsorts.
Louise xx

Lisa Jane said...

yes i can see the dots lol.. so cute and well worth the paper lol
Thanks for joining us at LCI this week
Lisa x

Rita said...

Happy birthday Laura. Ann, your pocket card/gift box it beautiful and I love the colours. Hugs Rita xxx

Ann Whitfield said...

I think it's cute too Ann. I love the colours you've used, the whole thing looks very classy (certainly worth the sacrifice of a whole 12x12 sheet)
Ann x

Erin (CelticCrafter) said...

Ann! Long time, no "see"! I've missed playing with you all so much, but as promised, I didn't overdo it (no hounds for me). He,he. Unfortunately I am still not well, but I'm slowly starting to create again. I have been helping mom out, even though she really doesn't need it. (Our own worst critics.) Will try to join in this week!

I LOVE this bag! It's simply gorgeous! So are the birthday cards! Do you mind my asking how old she will be? Happy birthday to her! :D

Mervi said...

Hello Ann!
Gorgeous creation, lovely gift,
just perfect to our Shape up challenge !

Thanks for sharing this with us at
Penny Black at Allsorts, good luck;-))m

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

The bag is gorgeous Ann, love the shape and the colours of it, the image is sweet and the shading is beautiful together with the Stickles, I might need to try that too.

Many thanks for sharing at Penny Black at Allsorts.

Hugs
Maarit

brenda said...

Laura is going to have such a special day Ann, you really have put so much love into your creations for her.

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely work and joining in our Magical Worlds theme at Peny Black at Allsorts this month, good luck and look forward to seeing you again next month.

B x

Fiona said...

this is fab and you have made an excellent job!! I love the DP you have used..gorgeous colour!! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

Fi
x

cowboydutrem said...

Nice interpretation of the "dotty" theme... Yes I can see the dots on the picture. Thanks for joining LCI challenge this week!

pinky said...

Very pretty package Ann, love the colours. Thanks for playing along with us at LCI this week.
Pinky

Anita said...

Very cute gift pocket. Love the colors and the image is so cute. Thanks for joining in the LCI challenge this week.

Pami said...

What a lovely little project, sometimes its worth using the whole sheet!! Thanks for joining us at LCI this week, hope to see you again very soon. Pami x

Val said...

This is a beautiful project - lovely DP. Thanks so much for joining our 'Tray Something New' challenge at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Hugs
Valxx

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Penny Black @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Ellibelle said...

This is wonderful! Love that pretty turquoise color and the image is just adorable.

Thank you so much for sharing with us at penny black at all sorts!

Max said...

Mr. Blogger obviously decided I'd defaced your blog enough and wouldn't let me leave any more comments ... but I sneaked back when he was sleeping ... tee hee.
Laura must feel like one of the luckiest and proudest daughters ever to have such a talented mum ... the cards you've made and this stunning gift pouch are just gorgeous.
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Sharon Caudle said...

Super cute!! Thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly!
hugs, Sharon

Sandra H said...

Hi, your bag is simply gorgeous and such a clever fold!! it would make a beautiful gift for anyone i'd be really proud to receive it:)

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.