Monday, 2 May 2011

Scotland...

All the years that people have raved about how gorgeous Scotland is and I've listened patiently, but inside I've thought 'hmmm, but it's cold and wet!'  What a mistake!  This year I've made two trips north, one to my great friend Max and one on a coach trip and on both occasions I've been absolutely blown away by the fabulous scenery and the friendly people too.  Naturally Max and her family are top of the list when it comes to great people.
Last week I went on a five day coach trip to Strathpeffer.  It was brilliant and I took loads of photos.  Yes Max this time I not only took my camera, but actually remembered to use it too!  Having said that my first page about my trip actually uses one of the postcards I bought while away.  I thought this one with the coach suspended at the top of one of the peaks was really funny.
I created the page in Serif Craft Artist and after measuring my postcard I left a white rectangle on the page so that the post card could be added after printing.  The tartan paper is from Crafty Ann's Digi Shop.  I just love the way you can transport a backing paper into Craft Artist and then using the dropper tool make other items on the page match.  I used the dropper tool to match the textured  lilac backing paper with  the tartan and then teamed the ribbon up with the thistle.  Such a clever programme.

My scrapbook page is also for the following challenges...
Well, 3 more days till I'm back at work.  I might even be able to fit some more challenges in this week.  Need to do some birthday cards and fast too as it's my daughter's birthday on Wednesday.  Eeek better make a start.
Have a fabulous day everyone.
Ann xxx

9 comments:

starcyl said...

You do seem to have had fun Ann and this is a great page and perfect for our challenge. Thabks for sharing it with us at Rainbow Lady's this week.
Jenny x

Max said...

Aha! I knew once you were coaxed over the border you wouldn't be able to stay away lol! Can't wait to see all the fabulous photos you took - you had such a terrific week weatherwise so bet you got some stunning pics.
You're Scotland album's got off to a great start with that funny postcard - great idea for the layout using beautiful papers and super colour choices.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Rita said...

Wow Anne, what a Fabulous card. So glad you had a great time with Max too. Hugs Rita xxx

Rita said...

What a Fabulous card Ann. I'm so glad you enjoyed your time with Max too. Hugs Rita xxx

Susan.... said...

Afternoon Ann,
Sounds like you had a fab time ! love that page and gorgeous postcard too !
Happy crafting Ann !
hugs
susan x

Rainbow Lady said...

Fabulous creation Ann. So glad you enjoyed my homeland... well it is now lol. Haste ye back.... love Cynthia x

Pink Dandelion said...

Love your scrapbook page Ann. Scotland is one of my favourite places and we are going again in July. Emily said to her dad, all the times we have been to Scotland and we still haven't seen Loch Ness so he has only gone and booked us a cottage with the Loch at the bottom of the garden!! Can't wait, binoculars are on stand by to spot Nessie. -x-

Jen said...

Fab post card and a smashing page. Thanks for joining in with us at Rainbow Lady's this week.
Jen x

Scrappy said...

How adorable is this! Great page! Thanks for joining us at PIO! Hope you’ll be back to join us again soon!

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.