Well the biggest surprise for me is that I'm managing to focus to type this post. What with long shifts at work - looking after my mum and discovering that's not a good idea to store your Crafter's Companion Glitter spray on the same shelf as your spectacle cleaning spray it's been quite a week!
As you may have guessed our new challenge at Bah! Humbug! is 'Surprise' and our new guest designers have really blown our socks off with their designs. You must go and take a look at their brilliant work.
My card was made when I stayed with Max earlier this year and we played with brass stencils, embossing paste and glitter. Check out the feather card that Max created HERE. The reindeer is a stencil by Marianne - isn't it a wowza? I just love it and Max and I had such a great time trying it out in different colours. Must admit the purple creation got my vote as the best.
To add a surprise element to my card I may add purple and silver Christmas snowflake confetti to the inside of the card when I send it.
To add a surprise element to my card I may add purple and silver Christmas snowflake confetti to the inside of the card when I send it.
Think my card fits the following challenges as well as our own...
- Bling it on Challenges - Embossing (paste with glitter added)
- Christmas Cards All Year Round - anything goes
hmm just in case you're wondering about the glasses - yes they looked stunning when accidently sprayed with glitter varnish, but poor visability was quite a problem. Luckily the day was saved by applying turps to the affected areas and praying it didn't damage the frames.
Have a good weekend everyone and remember this Top Tip do keep your craft stuff on seperate shelves to spectacle cleaning solutions, deoderants and the like.
Ann xxx

20 comments:
Oh Ann you do make me smile, it's the kind of thing I'd do but didn't think anyone else would and admit to it. Glad the glasses are ok, I love this card and funnily enough I have been playing with some embossing paint myself the last couple of days. Need to get my act together and get over to join in with you as I've missed quite a few weeks. Haven't had time to turn around but will try to make an effort.
Jenny x
Fabulous card - the purple gets my vote too. LOL about your glitter/spec spray mix up but relieved to hear you are sorted once more!
Kathyk
Love that stencil Anne and the colours. As the Mum of a recently turned 18 year old I can say that confetti inside a card is a surprise that can last for days and days! Finding it everywhere.
Sandra
Hi Ann. I love using the embossing paste with stencils to. It is a great stancil and I adore the colour scheme. Kate x
I just love the purple reindeer and I'm sorry but I'm afraid I had to laugh about your glittered specs. Good job you managed to clean them up or it could have been an expensive mistake.
Love it , and so purple my fav colour. hugs Wendy x
hmmmmmm.......does that mean I need to be careful opening my Christmas cards this year Ann??? I still haven't forgotten my halloween card...and himself is still chuckling about it!!!!!
It would be worth it though, this is a fabulous card.
Ann x
Great card love the colours used and image ............:)Sandra H
Love the card Anne - that Marianne stencil is great..... methinks a shopping trip coming up!!! lol Bet you won't reach for the glitter spray in a hurry when you next clean your glasses....... thanks for making me laugh on a Friday morning.
Hugs.
Oh dear Ann! You were as blind as me for a bit, eh? I'm still not getting used to the new contacts but I'm glad your glasses are now clear. WOW! What a gorgeous card! The purple is stunning and I'm so amazed at how fabulously you did with that stencil. Love it! xxD
A fab card Ann, I did have a chuckle when I read about your glasses. I haven't seen this Marianne Die, must look out for it.
Purple gets my vote too. Thanks for inviting me to be Bah Humbug's GDT this month, it is such an honour and now I will have extra cards for my box.
Hugs
Christine xx
Beautiful card, Ann!! Love the purple!!
Ann this is gorgeous. I love the purple and the reindeer is a great image. I'm thinking the world must have looked quite lovely for a while for a while if it was all glittery! I may have been tempted not to clean it off lol
Trudy :o)
Beautiful card Ann, love the rich purple. I had to giggle about your specs, glad you got them clean
Claire xx
Beautiful card Ann. I have some of this 'Cadbury' mirri board and must admit I avoid it as it is so hard to work with. You have made a fab job of it so I might go and dig it out and try again. Debs xx
Ann, this is just gorgeous. I love the purple. Had a good chuckle at your antics with the glitter spray and glasses
Beryl x
ROFLOL! You are one of the funniest people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting and what's more you don't even know it lol! Wish I could've been there with a camera to capture the look on your face when you realised the sparkly mistake. What a fabby scrapbook page!
You know how much I loved playing with this fantastic reindeer stencil and wondered how you were going to show him off and you've certainly achieved that - how proud does he look?
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT
This is gorgeous Ann, love the reindeer - must look out for that one! Oh dear about your glasses lol you must have looked a bit Dame Everidge!! Carol x
Stunning card Ann, thank you for joining us at CCAYR. Sorry, had to chortle when I read about your glitter spray accident but glad you sorted it.
Good luck with the rest of the challenge
best wishes, Julie x
fab card..love the purple and great use of embossing..thanks for joining us at Bling It On and good luck Debs x
Post a Comment