Monday, 2 December 2013

More Downton Abbey...

A really good friend of mine was raving about a new die she had bought and was sort of struggling to describe it properly so she brought me a couple of the die cuts.  Aren't they cool?  The Downton Abbey effect in a die cut!!  

Such easy and quick cards - although I did spend some time on the snowflakes as they are multilayer, but it doesn't really show in the photo.

Challenges...
Hope everyone is having a good week.  I'm feeling very smug as I've just returned from shopping and had a great find at the local charity shop...

Boxes of Decadry speciality papers for only 99p - yeah I love a bargain.  Each box has 3 sheets of creative plastic (think they mean shrink plastic), 3 sheets of Tshirt printing material, 2 sheets of decorate your window stuff and 2 sheets of print on material glitter effect stuff.  Yeah and I got a pack of Santa and Rudolf pegs that will also work well in crafting.  I'm a happy bunny today.
 

I think some people are really wondering what I mean by the Downton Abbey effect.  It's the title screen for Downton where they use black lettering on white and white lettering on the black - I think it's really effective.  Here's a photo of what I mean...

It's looks very dramatic on screen - honest.
Annie xxx

8 comments:

Wendy L said...

Classy and stylish, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxxx

Sandra H said...

Truly beautiful and photograph so beautifully x

Beryl said...

Don't watch Downton so don't really know hat you're on about. I'm guessing it's in the titles - but I love that die. I've seen it before but can't justify getting it.
Great cards you've made with the die cuts.
Beryl xx

Annie said...

Yes it is the title Beryl and I agree for what I would use the die it is a lot of money. My friend makes a lot of Christmas cards though so it's worth for her.

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Anne said...

Fabulous card. Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Card Challenge. Hugs x

Jenn said...

Beautiful card, I love that die! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

MaryH said...

WOW! This blue card really sparkles, and I love the sentiment too. Very much Downton! Loved the snowflake as well. Very impressive card. TFS

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.