Sunday, 22 February 2015

Christening Cards in abundance...


Happy Sunday everyone.  I wish the sun was shining though instead of the rain rattling down the windows.  It's so dark too, but not to worry at least I've had a good day crafting making not one but two Christening cards.

The first one is an 8" by 8" card in pink so obviously for a cute little girl.  
I used my new corner die which is one of the dies in the Molly Moo collection by Ali at Aly's Inkyfingers.  I saw the die at the Ross Papercraft Show last week, bought it - brought it home and promptly lost it in my tidying up session.  Disaster!  I was totally gutted as I loved the samples I saw at the show so much.  So (extravagantly) I ordered another die which I'm thinking of putting on a chain so it doesn't disappear into the black hole!!

I don't want to loose it again as I want to put Aly's ideas into action as well as my own.

The central focal point is an ornate cross cut out on my Silhouette - Design ID #63533 by Elizabeth Mayne. Love this design as it has 3 layers to really make it stand out from the crowd.

Card number 2 is a smaller simpler version basically using all the snippets left from making the large card. This time I added more gems and a sentiment.



Materials...

  • Pink, white and silver mirri card
  • Silhouette cutting file - ornate cross
  • Corner die by Molly Moo - available at Ali's Inky Fingers
  • gemstones
  • A4 dots embossing folder

Challenges ...

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.  Thank you for visiting my blog.  I'd love to hear from you and will be popping around blog land visiting all my friends shortly.
Ann xxx

6 comments:

Sandra H said...

Soooo pretty x

Di said...

Wow Ann, two stunning cards here from you! I can see why you love the die so much too :) Great to see you in the Playground again!

Hugs

Di xx

starcyl said...

These are both beautiful Ann, love that corner die so much so I may have to go and have a look!
Hugs Jenny xx

Lynn said...

Beautiful cards, and that corner die is really something special. Lynn x

Nikki said...

Pretty card. Great use of dies. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenges.

Nikki

Sarn said...

Oh isn't it annoying when you lose something you just bought?

Still . . . you've made a lovely intricate card with the replacement! x

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.