Wednesday, 14 May 2008

Black and white Edwin


At http://magnoliachallengeblog.blogspot.com/ the challenge this week is make a card using at least one Magnolia stamp and only the colours black and white! Phew not easy and I haven't cheated - honest! I decided to use Rocker Edwin and a music theme. The backing papers are the cuttlebug music folder and I think the printed music pattern is DCWV. The plan for the card is a slight variation on the sketch I did earlier in the week for one of the sketch challenges.

Edwin is coloured using a black lyra crayon and water. I've used a black Sakura glaze pen to accentuate his hair and belt buckle and a clear stardust to touch the edge of the jacket up slightly.

The card also fits in with the challenge on http://www.mytimetocraftchallenge.blogspot.com/ which is 'Dark Hair' - another interesting challenge. I just wish I had more time to do lots of different versions for each challenge.

8 comments:

Lesley said...

Great card, Edwin looks very cool! Thanks for doing our MTTC challenge.

Sammacco said...

I like this one! The way that youu have used Cuttlebug notes in a back is great!

Anne said...

What a gorgeous card. I must get an Edwin to go with Tilda. It never ceases to amaze me how many different cards there can be using the same theme. xx

Richelle said...

Neat card! Love black and white cards!

Taru Jehkonen said...

Nice lovely card

MichelleO said...

Oh my this cards ROCKS! No really it is wonderful! Great job, and I may have to do something like this for a birthday card for a guy friend!

BTW... I saw you comment on Sue's blog about getting a blade for your fingertip craft knife.. any office store should sell them, they use standard size 11 blades. Hope that helps, no need to order anything special.

Jo said...

I love Edwin sooo much and he looks FAB in B&W. Thanks for joining in with the MTTC challenge this week :o) Jo x

made by fifi said...

fab cool card - thank you for joing in the hair challenge xx

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.